Line6 Helix

JSINCA

Just finished creating a Helix dual-amp stereo preset using the US Deluxe and the Cartographer. Turned out pretty well, I feel. It can be a little phase-y depending on what IRs your using, so make sure you're using minimum-phase-transformed IRs if you can (I think all of OwnHammer's IR packs come with both non-phase transformed and MPT files). I used one of OwnHammer's DVRB 1x12 IRs on the left channel and one of their Bogner 2x12's on the right (both MPT versions). I tried using the stock cabs but I couldn't find anything that I liked as most sounded quite thin in stereo. If the stereo effect is too wide for your liking then you can reduce the hard-panning of the paths via the split-path block's controls. You can also bypass the delay block that is placed immediately after the US Deluxe amp block. Just be aware that you'll lose a lot of the stereo effect by doing so.

@JiveTurkey; this is the preset I mentioned I was working on in that other thread.

Here's the link to the preset: https://line6.com/customtone/tone/3996969/

Here's a clip I threw together using my brand new Fender Special Stratocaster. It has a humbucker in the bridge pickup position and I use it for about 25 seconds or so at the 1:40 mark. The rest is either the neck position or the neck+middle.

SWEET!!! Sounds awesome. I took some liberties and swapped the 11ms delay to the Cartographer side. It allows the Deluxe to stand out more. Now you can toggle the delay back and forth to add more variation ;)
Thanks for posting

mikah912

Silver Supporting Member
Had no idea, but one of the my absolute favorite, most creative metal bands - GOROD - has jumped aboard the Helix bandwagon for their new album. In fact, it's the first image of the studio teaser video for their new album.

Lt_Core

My Helix LT arrives this Thursday, can't wait!! Is there a Helix 101, getting started, best practices/settings reference somewhere? Thanks!

Brandon7s

SWEET!!! Sounds awesome. I took some liberties and swapped the 11ms delay to the Cartographer side. It allows the Deluxe to stand out more. Now you can toggle the delay back and forth to add more variation ;)
Thanks for posting
That is funny... see, I originally had the delay block on the Cartographer side as well but ended up switching it to the Deluxe side because it sounded more balanced there at the time. I tweaked the delay time a bit though and that changed the balance I think, I just never got around to moving the delay block. Definitely experiment with that delay time setting, too, I use a shorter delay (6ms) on one of my monitor setups and a longer delay (11ms) on another. It can make a drastic difference depending on where you're standing and your speaker location!

laurabaileysirishcre

Silver Supporting Member

I am having problems with one of my footswitches on my Helix LT. Frequently it is registering a press twice when I only push once. So when I am attempting to turn the effect or assignment off, its turning it off then on. And vice versa.

Is this a hardware issue or a software glitch? It only happens on that footswitch.

In the video I demonstrate it, I also overwrite the assignment and demonstrate the issue eventually returns.

I can bypass it with using snapshots (my snapshot never fails to load).

ricstudioc

If a signal leaves Chicago at 10kΩ on Saturday at 7am, and another leaves Washington, DC at 250Ω Tuesday at 2pm, how much is a Krispy Kreme donut in Des Moines?
Gimme a sec, gimme a sec....
IajUnC3.jpg

Guitardave

Silver Supporting Member
Has anybody else noticed that the predelay knob on the ‘63 Spring reverb doesn’t add a predelay? I don’t know if this is a bug, or someone’s idea of cool sound design - but it wasn’t a giving me what I wanted in the mix...

Easy enough to work around. Just run the verb as a send on a parallel path and put a delay in front of it. I dialed in 25ms, and there was the sound I was looking for: more swampy spring and less swampy mud.

FWIW - I seem to prefer the Legacy spring reverb (Line 6 model) vs. the '63. It just is closer to what I'm after...

MusicLaw

Double Platinum Member
My Helix LT arrives this Thursday, can't wait!! Is there a Helix 101, getting started, best practices/settings reference somewhere? Thanks!
If you have not already done so, review the Line Helix LT Cheat Sheet and User Guide PDFs. These are available on the Line 6 site Support area.

Also browse through HelixHelp.com to be familiar with the information readily available there as a resource.

And, Richie Castellano has several excellent YouTube videos, as do many others, as you find the time to enrich your Helix understanding.

Top Bottom