Line6 Helix

Sleezy E

I forgot who, but a while back, somebody mentioned how useful a global "cab defeat" could be. As responsive as L6 has been to user input, my guess is they are certainly listening. It wouldn't surprise me if that showed up on a future update.

How would "cab defeat" be any quicker or easier than disabling the cab block?

I don't get it

esizer

Silver Supporting Member
Possibly a global setting is what came to my mind...?

Edit: instead of having to comb through all the presets and disabling the cab and then resaving it...a simple “global” option would be much quicker.

I would much rather (personally) see an option to disable cabs/IR on a specific output. Sure you can split the path to accomplish this...but there are compromises to be made in doing so. If we could configure it like the Kemper is able to do (no cab/IR to the monitor output and full rig to main outs) I think it would make a lot of people happy.

MIJLOVER

so i'll actually sit down and mess around with it in the morning, but what amp and cab would y'all recommend for copping marshall jvm sounds?

Really depends on how you used the JVM?

The JTM will cover the lower gain sounds, imo, and then you can try 2204 Mod or the Placater (BE 100) for the higher gain sounds.

That's probably a good starting point, and then there are some Plexi amps as well. Lot to dig into to :)

mattball826

I am blown away by this every time I use it. Smile to my face every time. Did the full modern rock show with it, and even used the pitch for detuned songs. Worked good enough, but I still think I'll grab a Lester with G Force system like my co guitarist has.

again, I can't thank Jason Sadites enough for his videos and preset analogies that really helped me utilize this system as it was intended. Still yet to really use imported IR's live, over the stock cabs. Doing more to stay out of that rabbit hole. Nice to experiment with others but differences are subtle to me.

Clearly one of my favorite pieces of gear. Very well crafted and executed design.

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member

maxnew40

Stupid newbie question... if I may.

I’ve been playing my helix through studio monitors at home and an FRFR powered cab at band practice. Now, I’d like to try it with my other band. In this case, at least for now, I’d be going through the FX loop return of my Mark V 35.

So does that mean that I have to turn off the cab modeling in every preset I use with it?

Copy your set list of presets to another set list and then modify those to use with the amp. I now have separate set list s for a FRFR and for a powercab.

RockManDan

Stupid newbie question... if I may.

I’ve been playing my helix through studio monitors at home and an FRFR powered cab at band practice. Now, I’d like to try it with my other band. In this case, at least for now, I’d be going through the FX loop return of my Mark V 35.

So does that mean that I have to turn off the cab modeling in every preset I use with it?

OOORR, put a SEND 1 block at the end of your chain right before the cab block, which goes to the combo amp when you have it, otherwise use your regular output as normal.

papersun

Really depends on how you used the JVM?

The JTM will cover the lower gain sounds, imo, and then you can try 2204 Mod or the Placater (BE 100) for the higher gain sounds.

That's probably a good starting point, and then there are some Plexi amps as well. Lot to dig into to :)
i know, it's a bit overwhelming :crazy it'll probably come down to placater or 2204 mod for the heavies.

MIJLOVER

i know, it's a bit overwhelming :crazy it'll probably come down to placater or 2204 mod for the heavies.

Yeah, just take your time and pretend you're out buying an amp at a time. Also, while the Placater handles ample gain with ease, don't underestimate the lower gain sounds (or the great clean channel of that amp).
Regarding the cab question, it really depends on what you're used to hearing. I had to get use to the 4X12 sound after using 1X12 and 2X12 for most of my tube amp years. So starting with something familiar would be my advice!

ghostrider

Silver Supporting Member
My Helix LT arrives tomorrow, YES!! I already have a pair of AKG K52's that I currently use for silent practicing through a variety of other amps, RP1000, etc. Would I see a huge improvement in tone with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm headphones?

Also looking at the new ADAM T5V's as opposed to the JBL 305 MKII's. I'll be making presets to be used at gigs. Thanks!

I’ve got the 250 ohm pair and I like them. I think they sound good for silent practice and I can wear them for 2-3 hours before fatigue sets in. They obviously aren’t as good as running the Helix through a set of real speaker monitors, but for headphones, they’re pretty nice.

Lt_Core

I’ve got the 250 ohm pair and I like them. I think they sound good for silent practice and I can wear them for 2-3 hours before fatigue sets in. They obviously aren’t as good as running the Helix through a set of real speaker monitors, but for headphones, they’re pretty nice.

I don't understand the real world difference between the 80 ohm pair and the 250 ohm pair. Can someone explain the difference? Thanks!

RockManDan

whats the prognosis on getting dual-stereo IR blocks? Seems like it would be pretty easy to implement, just essentially doubling the DSP so each channel can get processed instead of summing to mono beforehand. Would allow ALOT more routing flexibility without having to think 'oh wait, the IR will sum it to mono' every time.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom