Line6 Helix

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by moonblack, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Hapless

Hapless Member

I'm happy with the update, too, but I'm still considering and FM3 because I want all the things. Helix and Stomp aren't going anywhere, though .

2. ChuckR

ChuckR Member

CC128

FlyingsCool likes this.
  3. thebeebs

thebeebs Member

If that is what a real KOT is, I totally understand the hype. sooooo good. totally the drive pedal (in the helix) that I have been waiting for

MIJLOVER, tmuka, FlyingsCool and 2 others like this.
  4. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

I tried updating my trial of Native to 1.8 to try some of the new stuff and it killed it. Whenever I try to initiate a Native plugin in Logic, I get spinning rainbow wheel immediately and have to force quit.

That stinks. I had many days left and a lot of stuff to try. Anyone else using Native 1.8 without issue? I'm sure it's because it's a trial but it still should've worked.

5. etrahan

etrahan Member

I’m LOVING the 2.8 update. So many little tweaks that are most welcome!
    I do have a minor issue it seems. It appears that the saved EXP settings (which pedal is the active pedal)
    are not changing between presets anymore. So if I save a preset with EXP1 as the active pedal and switch presets, EXP1 will continue to be the active pedal. If I turn off the helix and then turn it back on, it seems to default to EXP2 as the active pedal on that particular preset and I have to manually switch back to EXP1.
    Is anyone else having this experience as well?

6. Johnny Ninefingers

Johnny Ninefingers Member

Line6 are bringing out a 2x12 Powercab. (I got an email this morning.) Horizontal rather than vertical, but even so...

MIJLOVER and BoogieZilla like this.
  7. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

Love being able to see the tempo when tapping, I didn't realize that was coming.

MIJLOVER likes this.
  8. Johnny Ninefingers

Johnny Ninefingers Member

Oh wow, the Fullerton. 5C3. That's a bit tasty.

9. LaXu

LaXu Member

Line6 really needs to redesign the page showing the updates. I had a really hard time finding the Windows version because there is a huge wall of changelog texts and the same repeats for Win vs Mac version so I had to search the page for the Get download links.

10. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Silver Supporting Member

PM me your user name and we will reset you

11. Frank Ritchotte

Remember all globals are reset so check there.

mbenigni likes this.
  12. Dave Merrill

Dave Merrill Supporting Member

If you do a full backup before updating, then update, can you restore your global settings from that backup?

13. Frank Ritchotte

I am actually not sure sir. I know the team were adamant that globals had to be reset with this update and I assume a restore would set them but let me check

14. Kylote

Kylote Member

Yep... when restoring you get the option to restore global settings, restore IRs and can choose which setlists to restore.

chrisjw5 likes this.
  15. Kylote

Kylote Member

If you use the main downloads page to choose your device and operating system, you should only see the downloads for Windows, no?

16. mavrick102000

mavrick102000 Member

Agreed. I also spent a bit of time with the Grammatico and had some fun, although I need to adjust the settings a bit more on the jumped versions for my preferences. I didn't bother with doing that as I ended up just playing those and the Revv Red. That is tasty as well.

KOT and Zen are great. I never had a KOT pedal, but they are very nice tonal options. The Zendrive with the defaults is the tone I prefer, and sound like I remember when I had that pedal nearly a decade ago. Totally forgot about the new Moog like effect.

I didn't get a chance to try the new PC+ speakers yet, as I didn't think my patch changes were working similar to a user earlier in the thread. Now that I understand, I'll try some more options since I have more time available today.

I haven't had my Helix long barely 30 days. So setting up patches etc on the floor isn't in my muscle memory yet. After playing with a few more amp/patches, I'll spend time working with controllers and speaker options for my PC+ while fighting to ignore the release announcement for the 212 backported version. LOL.

17. caledoneus

caledoneus Member

yeah, with the gain low it is a pretty sweet clean, and if you put the gain on 9 or 10, you almost get a fuzz tone out of it. Sounds great

iTwang likes this.
  18. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Member

I’m curious how one would use the new Moog model in a musical sense with guitar? I listened to a number of demos of the actual unit and it’s mostly people just playing nonsense and changing settings.

Anyway, not intended to be snarky as I like the idea of a filters and could find a place for some off the wall sounds in the music I play. I’m just not sure how to make it work.

chrisjw5 likes this.
  19. etrahan

etrahan Member

Thanks Frank!
    The global settings are working great! (expression pedal settings being global vs. preset vs. snapshot.)
    The issue that I have is that the active saved expression pedal is not being recalled per preset.
    I thought that regardless of the global pedal position setting we could save either EXP1 or EXP2 as the active expression pedal per preset. Is that correct?

20. davidb7170

davidb7170 Member

Was the inclusion of Windows 8 in the helix 2.8 fw and exclusion in the PC + 2.0 fw intended? I'm hoping it was just a goof. I was able to do it by downloading the firmware manually and from the site, but it was a PITA. I'm technically inclined, but a lot of folks may be stuck...