Line6 Helix

drock2k1

Silver Supporting Member
Never understood why anyone uses SW.........I've always gotten way better deals from zzounds, MF, GC etc....

They never want to price match & they just talk a bunch of s**t!

I use them because I can physically go to the store and since there warehouse is on site I can play pretty much anything I can think of. I have used Zzounds and MF quite a bit as well and usually because their prices are better. GC...not so much.

Art_Vandelay

Silver Supporting Member
Where are you guys seeing this w/r/t your order specifically? I only see 10/10 on the generic product page. Thanks!

I logged into my account, clicked the "Orders" link on the left hand menu, then "Order History/Tracking", and finally clicked the order number. It should then show "Estimated Ship Date", among other information.

benadrian

Can some of you guys check out the bucket brigade model, set to note value.
Try going from whole note to 1/4, 1/8, dotted 8th, etc.
The delay is not reflecting the correct value on mine - it produces a quicker slap back delay.
When I stick it to any other delay model it's fine. Just seems to be on Bucket Brigade.

Hi there! I know exactly what this is.

Bucket Brigade is a model of the Boss DM-2. Maximum delay time on a boss DM-2 is about 300 ms. The Line 6 Bucket Brigade submodel is fully interactive between delay time and frequency response and if the time is set longer than about 300ms in this model, the result is really crappy delay resolution with audible clocking artifacts. Therefor we limited the range on this model to match the real world equivalent. Sidebar: The Adriatic Delay is basically the DM-2 with adjustable bucket brigade chip size and up to 1.8 seconds of delay time.

So, back to the tap tempo issue. One of our DSP guys came up with this idea of how to handle tap tempo when the time tapped is longer than the maximum allowed delay time for the model. The tap-tempo logic will intelligently divide the time. So, in the bucked brigade model, if you tapped a 500ms delay time in and had the unit set to 1/4 note, the Helix would realize that 500ms is out of range and put in a 250ms delay time, so you would still be in tempo, but also in delay time range. This trick is especially noticeable on the Bucket Brigade model since it has the shortest delay range.

The idea behind the scenes is that the tap tempo should always be on tempo, and if someone puts in a time too long, the Helix will give you a result that is on tempo rather than just setting the a probably off tempo maximum time value.

Cheers!

mbenigni

Hi there! I know exactly what this is.

Bucket Brigade is a model of the Boss DM-2. Maximum delay time on a boss DM-2 is about 300 ms. The Line 6 Bucket Brigade submodel is fully interactive between delay time and frequency response and if the time is set longer than about 300ms in this model, the result is really crappy delay resolution with audible clocking artifacts. Therefor we limited the range on this model to match the real world equivalent. Sidebar: The Adriatic Delay is basically the DM-2 with adjustable bucket brigade chip size and up to 1.8 seconds of delay time.

So, back to the tap tempo issue. One of our DSP guys came up with this idea of how to handle tap tempo when the time tapped is longer than the maximum allowed delay time for the model. The tap-tempo logic will intelligently divide the time. So, in the bucked brigade model, if you tapped a 500ms delay time in and had the unit set to 1/4 note, the Helix would realize that 500ms is out of range and put in a 250ms delay time, so you would still be in tempo, but also in delay time range. This trick is especially noticeable on the Bucket Brigade model since it has the shortest delay range.

The idea behind the scenes is that the tap tempo should always be on tempo, and if someone puts in a time too long, the Helix will give you a result that is on tempo rather than just setting the a probably off tempo maximum time value.

Cheers!

Excellent design. But I could also see where it would be very disorienting if you weren't in the know. Thanks to Ben and Desiknow for the heads up!

guitarsan

Totally a matter of taste. The FR solution will afford you more flexibility in terms of hearing the character of different cabinet sims (and nuances in the highs of certain amp models), but yes, a traditional guitar speaker/cab is going to sound and feel more like a traditional amp, typically. (The "atypical" circumstance being that you have an extremely powerful, high-fidelity FR monitor and have put in the necessary work tweaking EQ, etc.)

(The FR approach is also the better one if you intend to mix in anything other than guitar, e.g. guitar synth, backing tracks, vocals. You don't want that stuff going through a low-pass guitar cabinet.)

And then there's the Mission Engineering Gemini FRFR cab,

"Gemini can be used as a flat frequency response power amp and speaker, or as an onstage monitor with a more traditional guitar cab frequency response. Full range flat response (FRFR) systems can often sound harsh and brittle when used as a monitor compared to a traditional tube amp. Empower allows you to dial in just the right blend depending on your application."

Can't wait to connect my Helix to it. (Happily replaced my DT25 with it)

GM1-large.jpg

Last edited:

dray3573

This bag:

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/123135-10/g-club-control-25

or wait for the L6 bag? Looking forward to a pic and price on the L6 kit. Has anyone put their Helix in this Gator, or have any experience with this particular bag. I had a much cheaper Gator for my 500x and I don't want another bag of that poor quality. This one however looks little more stout, closer in build quality to the Mono M80 case I had form my pedaltrain a while back. I have heard other using that Mono case and I don't really want all that extra room on the interior.

big_aug

I do have one complaint so far. The knob that you use to switch between effects is the same knob you use to move stuff around. A lot of times I want to move an effect and I spin the knob while moving it left or right and it gives me a new effect. When you switch it back, its back to default settings. Maybe there is a way to adjust how the knob works.

Posted this on another forum but way more traffic here and maybe someone knows if there is a way to adjust it. Certainly isn't the end if the world, but annoying when it happens.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom