Line6 : Line 6 Stagesource L3T Review

Discussion in 'Reviews of amps and cabs' started by The Kid, May 7, 2016.

1. The Kid

The Kid Member

I've been rocking a trio of QSC K10's since around the time that they first came out and still love them, but I recently picked up a Line 6 L3T Powered Speaker and it is incredible. I wanted something that would allow me a quick setup and tear down for days when I have doubles and for dual location (ceremony/cocktail hour) setups for weddings. It's a three way cabinet with two 10" speakers and a horn.

I was looking at the Fishman SA220, but with more power and more low end extension, as I usually use a Yorkville NX720s Powered Sub. I've used the Line 6 on a few gigs so far, and I'm floored with how quick and easy it is to set up, and how good it sounds!

Again, I'm a huge fan of the QSC K10's, but the L3T sounds noticeably better. In the three rooms I've used it in, I haven't needed,... and haven't missed my subwoofer. It has acoustic modeling on one of the onboard channels. I haven't tried the acoustic modeling yet, but the feedback suppression, which has three levels of intensity, works incredibly well.

In addition to sounding better than my K10's this speaker gets much louder and stays clear as a bell. It's a really great option for a solo performer. Add a small format mixer, and it'll easily handle a duo or a trio.

There is a ton of DSP in these and it has different modes for PA/Reference, DJ, Keyboard Amp, Acoustic Guitar amp, Floor monitor, etc.

No knock on the Fishman SA220,... it's a great unit. I mentioned it because they street for the same price, and side by side, the Line6 wins hands down. A buddy that works at my local GC let me use his %20 off coupon on this which saved me bunch.

If you're looking at solo amps and you're looking for something that you need, or might someday need for more than a coffeehouse or small bar, and is not only scalable, but compatible with other PA gear, demo one of these L3T's.

*Line 6 also makes an L3M which does not include the mixer for $100 less. The mixer is worth it though. It has sweepable mids, acoustic modeling, verb, and mod (light chorus effect.)

*there is also an L2T and L2M which is a two way system with a 10" speaker and a horn, which I haven't heard yet, but have also heard amazing things about.

For ease of set up, power, and sound quality, these speakers are in a class of their own.

Disclosure: I do not work for or have any affiliation with Line 6. I'm just thrilled with this speaker.

[​IMG]

2. The Kid

The Kid Member

Is anyone else using these for acoustic gigs?

3. The Kid

The Kid Member

Just played a tiny patio gig this past Thursday evening. I debated over bringing my sub, and finally decided to bring only the L3T and use it as a main set back so that I could also hear it as a monitor. It had plenty of thump for my loops.

The porch and inside the bar area to my right got packed shortly after I started, and I didn't miss the sub at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last night, I used it the same way. A low volume dinner gig at a great restaurant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That said, I'm bringing the sub today! Big outdoor patio on the water this afternoon, and an Irish pub later on tonight. Technically, I could get by without the sub on these two gigs, but they're both bigger areas and load in is pretty easy.

Although I could get rid of the mixer and just mix on the speaker for the gigs without the sub, I like having the mixing board on my left. I'm just used to it that way.

Man, I wish these things were available when I started gigging 23 years ago! Does that make me sound old?

4. The Kid

The Kid Member

Saturday Afternoon:

Cool outdoor patio gig on the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saturday night:

Irish Pub.

[​IMG]

5. The Kid

The Kid Member

Just ordered another L2!

6. silence.speaks

silence.speaks Member

Just wanted to chime in as another StageSource user. I have 2 L3M's and 2 L3S's. Use them in a loud rock cover band and we get compliments on our sound all the time. Do you find the speaker bag to be worth the cost? $150 per bag is a bit steep.

7. The Kid

The Kid Member

The bag is expensive, but it has wheels which is great and it also has hard rubberized plastic rails along the bottom which protect the mixer controls while it's in the bag. I find it worth it to protect a speaker that gets moved around so much.

silence.speaks likes this.
  8. ur2funky

ur2funky Supporting Member

Buffalo Rocks!

The Kid likes this.