Line6 M13 - How do you like it after the honeymoon?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by derek2615, Oct 25, 2008.

1. derek2615

derek2615 Member

This pedal modeler is really getting too me. I tried the POD XT Live and did not really care for it. But this one with it's simple interface and no attempt to model amps is very interesting. No where local that I can try so what's the scoop on this thing after the honeymoon period is over?

2. richrenken

richrenken Member

I am the product manager, but I am also a user. I still love the thing. My beta testers are still freaking out. So it has really been a great suprise. We are so sold out right now it is not funny. Good times.

But hey, go post this on the big M13 thread and I bet you will get some follow up. http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=423000

Even the guys that couldn't adopt the pedal have been very kind about digging it.

3. derek2615

derek2615 Member

Rich,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the people digging it right now are the reason I'm so interested. I like the idea of still using my amp and throwing the M13 on my board to replace (and add) so many pedal options.

I play in a P&W church band and tried the POD XT Live about a year ago going straight into the mixing board. It sounded great except for the overdrives. I never could get a decent overdrive (i.e. - power chord) sound out of it like I could my pedals and amp. I guess those must be the hardest to model.

I'll try the other thread and see if I can get some current owners to respond.

Thanks again...
    Derek

4. dr.morton

dr.morton Member

If you do not like the overdrive models the M13 offers use one of your prefered pedals instead. They can be looped into the M13 and you can even decide their position in the chain. Even without the distortions the M13 is still a bargain.

5. vhollund

vhollund Member

Nice with such unbiased respons :D
    Just kidding
    No actually its really cool that you are here ansvering questions about the product.

Havent tried it, but I stil dont get it
    Why make an unnecesary A/D - D/A on the way to your amp?
    It has to be bypassable imo

But hey Peter Thorn seems to like his TC endorsement
    What ever makes you happy....

6. Mincer

Mincer Member

Absolutely love it, and I maybe use 20% of what it can do. Now Rich, if you alter that 'overdub' level on the looper to be a true feedback control, me and a lot of other loopers will jump onboard making this the #1 loop machine too!

7. toelessfoot

toelessfoot Member

I've had mine for 3 weeks and I still love it and something unexpected happened, I'm loving the OD models! My only complaint is that it can't take line level signal and if in the loop of your amp if can clip if you're not careful.

Before using the m13 I was using my pedal board which has some great pedals on it but has power issues and is huge, still it can't do half the stuff the m13 can. Directly comparing the pedals on the board to the models in the M13 made me realize that I didn't even really need any of them anymore, just maybe an EQ pedal for a clean boost.

8. richrenken

richrenken Member

----- I love all kinds of gear, and I really don't like some of our gear. I am not a koolaid drinker. :) I am just really into M13 as a player.

---- If you mean it has to have true bypass when you don't have an effect on, it does have it. A very good true bypass actually. If you are an all analog guy like some of my friends, I totally understand how you feel. :)

9. Jimi D

Jimi D Member

I'm on board with the M13 still - I love the thing and I'm having a blast playing with it... The learning curve is still there; it may be "bonehead simple" but it's confused me a couple times! :) The Advanced User Manual download is a big help, and there's plenty of advice on the Line6 forums too... I'm still using some of my pedals - my Budda Wah, my OCD, my Full-Drive 2 and my volume pedal (in the loop on the M13), but I'm thinking I might pull the OCD or Full-Drive 2 and use some of the M13's OD pedal models, as they are usable when tweaked carefully... The delays are insane, and I've been going a little overboard with the mod effects of late; I'm having a blast mixing touches of them into everything! It's a sickness, I tell ya... I hardly remember what my guitar sounds like straight into the amp...

FTR, the M13 is a true bypass unit - you can take it completely out of line... Your signal will pass through to your amp even when the unit is powered down and unplugged...

10. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I've had mine about two months now or so...... Gig with it about twice a week.

I like it better than the day I bought it.......each time I use it I gain appreciation for it.

It replaced several pedal on my board ( including a Timefactor and tap a whirl ) and my sound has never been better.

Great unit and the real deal..........

11. derek2615

derek2615 Member

Rich and all,

I gave in to all of the praise reports on the M13 and ordered mine today. I hope this this thing lives up to the talk around here. I also ordered a USB/MIDI cable to do the firmware updates. As popular as this thing is, I bet the updates will come pretty often. Now the wait... :(