Line6 M9/M13 Mods?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by lpaul626, Jan 23, 2012.

1. lpaul626

lpaul626 Silver Supporting Member

Curious if anyone has modded their M9/M13 through JHV3?

http://jhv3.squarespace.com/m9-mods/

The switch mod looks interesting to me as some of my switches are showing some signs of wear.

Thoughts? Is the response the same as with the stock switches?

2. dwolfggc

dwolfggc Member

I don't have any expierience with jvh3 but I got the switches upgraded on my hd500 (they are the same type of switches as the Mx series) and I have been very happy with the result. The new switches feel much more reliable and consistent.

3. weshunter

weshunter Supporting Member

interesting -- wonder how much of a difference it makes. no way you'd ever get that back in resale so if it didn't make a difference it would be money pissed away.

4. pir8matt

pir8matt Member

Not exactly a 'mod', but sort of an outboard control, this guy (he might be a member here, dunno) makes this MIDI switcher for the M5/9/13 that I was thinking about getting:

http://disasterareaamps.com/wordpress/?page_id=33

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My thinking for it is that I like the size of the M9 but I'd like to be able to access more FX, but switching scenes is kind of clunky. This would allow me to have a page up/down for scene selection.

Also, I have trouble getting in and out of the looper. This could be set up to have an always on control of the looper with just the play/overdub and play/stop buttons on an enclosure.

For that, he would get $170, which seems like it would increase the functionality of the M9 while not going much bigger footprint-wise.

Anyone seen something similar to this? I have a bad stomp on my M9, too. Damn thing always gets stuck on or won't turn off once it is on.

5. lpaul626

lpaul626 Silver Supporting Member

Did you do the mod yourself?

6. dwolfggc

dwolfggc Member

No, I sent it here: http://r3fx.com/

7. MartinPiana

MartinPiana Supporting Member

Good to know I'm not the only one. I'm still using my Jamman, with the M9.

8. pir8matt

pir8matt Member

It's just not intuitive to have to press and hold while you're playing. I'm thinking about what I'm playing and when I want to start the loop WHILE in the middle of holding down the 'enter looper' button and waiting for that whole process to start. I could care less about half speed or reverse. I just want an easy way to record/overdub and start/stop.

I haven't pulled the trigger on this outboard thing yet but it seems like a reasonably good solution.

9. mmcm4

mmcm4 Member

I have an M5 and and M9 and have been thinking about replacing the switches and adding a preset switch to the M5. Has anybody seen any tutorials on this? I'm good at soldering and I've built pedals before, but I have no experience modding Line6 stuff.

10. geodr

geodr Member

I wish JHV would post more comparison videos of before and after their M5/9/13 mods