• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Line6 PODxt Live test drive (video)

marinblues

I go one of these for my birthday. I am a fan of the Boss modelling sounds but I wanted to try something different. I like the way the Podxt live looks, but I can't decide whether it's an instrument or toy. All I know is that is makes you play a lot (too many) notes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT9qGj_BJdo

I used my good old faithfull 82 Smith Strat for the occasion.

thanks for watching.

Marin

Rid

Ah that was nice Marin....dig that strat...just how many guitars do you have??:D
Hehe

Teahead

The legs made it impossible for me to watch for long... :eek:

But, once I closed my eyes, it was very enjoyable.

marinblues

Rid said:
Ah that was nice Marin....dig that strat...just how many guitars do you have??:D
Hehe
thank Rid. the chat we had yesterday brought back some enthusiasm (if not inspiration!).

I have too many guitars and not enough amps. :D

M

Rid

hank Rid. the chat we had yesterday brought back some enthusiasm (if not inspiration!).

I have too many guitars and not enough amps. :D
Ah that is good to hear:)
Niels

marinblues

GuitarTone said:
Sounds great, if you had said it was a mic'd Marshall TSL60 it would still have been convincing.
Really? I shall be reconsidering the unit then.:AOK

Great playing.

How about the XT Patch and the backing track?
thanks. Sure, as soon as I figure out how to send a patch.:joThe backing was posted by our fellow user Normster and I think it was titled "Cm Blues Jazz".

Marin

L5player

Sure, as soon as I figure out how to send a patch.:joThe backing was posted by our fellow user Normster and I think it was titled "Cm Blues Jazz".

Marin[/quote]

Hi Marin,

If you've only just started with the pod, then you probably have not yet investigated the online tools available. There is a program called Line 6 Edit which is free. You can upload to the pod patches and download to disk those you've edited as well. The Line 6 edit tool is really an interface to the pod so that you can edit with the computer. It's a great tool and there are links to hundreds of patches you can upload and test.

Here is the place to start:

http://www.line6.com/software/index.html

Good luck!

Jim

marinblues

L5player said:
Sure, as soon as I figure out how to send a patch.:joThe backing was posted by our fellow user Normster and I think it was titled "Cm Blues Jazz".

Marin
Hi Marin,

If you've only just started with the pod, then you probably have not yet investigated the online tools available. There is a program called Line 6 Edit which is free. You can upload to the pod patches and download to disk those you've edited as well. The Line 6 edit tool is really an interface to the pod so that you can edit with the computer. It's a great tool and there are links to hundreds of patches you can upload and test.

Here is the place to start:

http://www.line6.com/software/index.html

Good luck!

Jim[/quote]

Hey Jim,

I've worked all that out, but I can't work out where the patches are stored on the HD. Do you know where they are?

thanks

M.

S

Sub-D

Very nice tone...not a "toy" in your hands to my ears....
Great playing as always!

L5player

Hey Jim,

I've worked all that out, but I can't work out where the patches are stored on the HD. Do you know where they are?

thanks

M.[/quote]

I have not played with the utility for quite some time, but you can always do a search on your HD with a wildcard for the extention if you don't know it such as mypatch.* and I'm sure the operating system will figure out where it landed.

I just opened up line 6 edit and found that the files are in a folder in the my documents folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim Heidinger\My Documents\Line 6\Tones\Line 6 Edit

See if you have them stored there.

Jim

Jim

MaxBoogie

I've owned my pod for about 6 months now and NOW I know what I'm supposed to be doing with it! :D

Great playing, and thanks for the vid!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom