Line6 releasing HX Effects at NAMM & more stuff in 2018!!!

gtr37

I'm just wishing out loud here anyways, looks like the FX unit will be all we're getting. Very impressed with the sounds I'm getting out of Native, and being able to tweak without re-tracking or reamping is really kicking ass. That said, I do enjoy the thought of being able to have that sound in a portable format easily without having to drop $1000 on a LT.
I don't think that's it from them I'll bet they still have
1 or 2 surprises hidden behind the curtain

DaveDaveDave

Hmm.. musing more about DI's "controversial" feature to be revealed, here's a wild guess: "In the Room". I.e., Speaker selections that *don't* have mics and all those associated parameters, but instead having totally different parameters designed for use with FRFR for the "amp in the room" feel. Perhaps even with room tuning functions using the XLR input with a reference mid. This would be controversial for sure, and would work with the HX reverbs concept as part of a theme.

I dunno, just my .02 spacebucks. Even if it's not the big controversial 2018 name feature, I'd still love to see the Line 6 crew take a stab at it!

Your thoughts, y'all?

Steve Dallas

Hmm.. musing more about DI's "controversial" feature to be revealed, here's a wild guess: "In the Room". I.e., Speaker selections that *don't* have mics and all those associated parameters, but instead having totally different parameters designed for use with FRFR for the "amp in the room" feel. Perhaps even with room tuning functions using the XLR input with a reference mid. This would be controversial for sure, and would work with the HX reverbs concept as part of a theme.

I dunno, just my .02 spacebucks. Even if it's not the big controversial 2018 name feature, I'd still love to see the Line 6 crew take a stab at it!

Your thoughts, y'all?
How does one capture the sound of a given speaker without a microphone? o_O

SteveO

Your thoughts, y'all?
Having achieved self-awareness as a result of CC128, Helix realized that he has been living a lie all along. From Thursday forward, we shall now refer to her as her new, gender-corrected name:

Helga

Sascha Franck

Your thoughts, y'all?
I have absolutely no idea whether this would be "controversial" or whether Line 6 would be working on it, but they would be the perfect company to adress the ongoing "cab-IR/FRFR vs. amp in a room" debate as they're into both hard- and software.
And let's face it, one of the key issues for modelers not being more widely accepted (at least for live) has got to be monitoring feel, so many people are still using a rather typical power amplification and cabs.
Coming up with a clever algorithm that would sort of defeat just the mic portion of the IR'd signal on the monitoring path only (while retaining FR compatibility) - that'd be quite something.

Ed_Saxman

"big controversial 2018 feature"?

My bet: current Helix reverbs will be replaced with the new HX reverbs.

Controversial enough?

MIJLOVER

"big controversial 2018 feature"?

My bet: current Helix reverbs will be replaced with the new HX reverbs.

Controversial enough?
I'm pretty sure they already confirmed that this is not the case. And according to one of the beta testers it's not that controversial. :)

Sadhaka

Hmm.. musing more about DI's "controversial" feature to be revealed, here's a wild guess: "In the Room". I.e., Speaker selections that *don't* have mics and all those associated parameters, but instead having totally different parameters designed for use with FRFR for the "amp in the room" feel.....

Your thoughts, y'all?
I’d love to see/hear that

DaveDaveDave

How does one capture the sound of a given speaker without a microphone? o_O
They'll science the sh*t out of it, of course! How the heck should *I* know, *I'm* not one of the super-smart engineers at one of the world's foremost audio modeling company! ;)

I know there's no such thing as a real AITR experience without a real cab, but I just love hacking at problems. Here's a crazy out of the box idea that your use of the words "capture" and "without a microphone" made me think of: track laser point-cloud arrays on the cones of the modelled speakers and the target FRFR speakers to create a fast fourier transform, deconvolve for your FRFR impulse, and reconvolve the FRFR output. Of course that won't work either, but it sure would be controversial!

;)

Trending Topics