Line6 Tone Port

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by polifemo, Dec 30, 2005.

1. polifemo

polifemo Member

Anyone using the Line6 Tone Port?
    Would be nice to hear some opinions of this one! (quality of mic preamps etc)

2. Aahzz

Aahzz Member

I picked one up - am a stone cold recording noob, however. Have futzed around but a little so far - my first impression is that the bundled Ableton Live Lite is useless, as it allows a mere 4 audio tracks. I'm thinking about Cakewalk, or maybe Cubase...I also get some small bursts of static/noise through mine originally, but after emailing Line 6 tech support and tweaking the driver, those appear to be gone.

The guitar amp models sound much like my previous Guitarport - very good. I have no mic preamp experience to compare....

3. tone4days

tone4days Member

i am just getting my UX2 up and going ... i find the recording s/w to be 'user hostile' as well ... still dont have my head around the notion of 'non linear recording' ... the whole 'clips' thing is hard to deal with because i have to click the mouse to start recording, then start playing, then stop playing, then click the mouse to stop recording ... hard to get this done 'one the beat'

we'll see

t4d

4. Aahzz

Aahzz Member

I've been playing with Cakewalk now - seems to work MUCH better than the Ableton Live Lite. No noise at all, sounds good. The Cakewalk (Sonar) is far more user friendly. As for the TonePort's models, I find the guitar/bass amp models to sound good, and be nicely flexible. I've not done any real vocals yet, nor miced my amp, so I can't comment on the quality of the mic preamp models. My initial recommendation for anyone interested in the TonePort is to buy it with the awareness that you're going to need better software to do anything truly interesting.

5. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

Do you think the TP will link up with Adobe Audition?

6. Aahzz

Aahzz Member

Check out Line 6's website - the Toneport FAQ lists a bunch of stuff it'll work with.

7. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

Cool man. Thanks.......

8. hdiddy

hdiddy Supporting Member

Hey AAhazz

Are you using th new WDM drivers or Asio with Sonar

9. Aahzz

Aahzz Member

I'm using the WDM at the moment.