Liquid Sunshine!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by readymade, Feb 16, 2008.

1. readymade

readymade Supporting Member

Just picked up a Subdecay Liquid Sunshine here in the emporium, and it arrived this morning. I know it's the honeymoon and all, but what a great pedal! I'm still getting the hang of the dual-drive thing, but it's just got that nice kind of 'ripping' overdrive sound that I've been looking for. Right now, my Tele through the LS into my Hayseed is killing it. . .

That is all.

2. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Yeah i was looking to get one listed in the emporium too but it just sold this morning... arghhh

3. hummingbirdlies

hummingbirdlies Member

it's a great overdrive. i've got the buster jangle, which has the liquid sunshine as the od section. it's pretty sweet. it's very versatile, cleanse up pretty nice, and blends very well with all my other drives.

4. mfgobbi

mfgobbi Member

2 thumbs up to subdecay. Great price, and construction quality that puts many $300+ boxes to shame. And the liquid sunshine is their flagship in my opinion. It is a fantantic sounding pedal.

5. readymade

Like everyone else, new gear gets me excited and I tend to overstate its awesomeness. But right now, the LS has the slight edge over my Tim (I've had a Tim or Timmy on my board for the past three-plus years), which is saying something. Wish I would've bit the bullet on the LS a long time ago.

Glad to see there are other fans of it here!

6. rul8agn

rul8agn Member

I have a LS in transit right now. I can't wait to check it out. It will either join or take over for my Red Snapper, BOR, and Timmy. Right now I'm liking the idea of having 4 different sounding low to medium OD's. I don't play anything high gain so I don't need anything with more gain than what I have. Right this minute I'm really liking the RS>Timmy combo.
    RS settings:
    Vol. 10:00
    Gain. 9:00-11:00
    Cut 12:00-2:00
    Bite 8:00

Timmy settings:
    Vol. 11:00
    Gain 11:00
    Bass 1:00
    Treb 12:00

Waiting to try the LS with each one as well as alone.

7. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

My local store became a subdecay dealer recently and I am really impressed with the pedals. Great stuff.

Enjoy!

8. bluesrules

bluesrules Member

Glad you like it. I also love the LS with a Telecaster, has a nice tight low end.

9. readymade

Well, the LS seems to have more gain than the Tim (not when the boost is kicked on, though), and the frequency response isn't quite as flat--which I'm actually digging at the moment. The Tim is killer, of course, but the LS just seems a bit sweeter to me (I'm supposing it's the 'new love' thing, but also the ever-so-slightly-bumped mids). To the poster above with the Timmy--you're gonna LOVE the Liquid Sunshine!

10. Burgs

Burgs Member

I have a dozen or so OD's that get chopped and changed in my pedalboard depending on my mood. But since getting hold of an LS 6 months ago, it's the one that always stays. I was lucky to get hold of a Buster Jangle too. What a ripping little beast that is - Super Chili Picoso teamed with a Liquid Sunshine. But the LS circuit in the BJ sounds a little different to me, not as much face or something. Still great though, especially when the boost end is switched in and stacked with the LS end. Right now though, I'm enjoying stacking the (dedicated) LS in front of a Super Charged Overdrive set on low gain. What a team...

11. hipfan

hipfan Member

It's a cool pedal for sure. Lots of tonal variation, and you never miss having a tone control because it's so balanced and natural sounding.

Oh, and take a look in the emporium again. I *think* you'll find a mint LS for sale there. ;):D

12. Wesman61

Wesman61 Member

I had an LS and a Zeek around the time the Buster Jangle came out so I ran the Zeek into the LS to see how it sounded boosted. Wow! It was so creamy and sweet sounding. Why do I sell so many great OD's?:jo