List your CD here

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Brian Scherzer, May 29, 2009.

1. Slideman

Slideman Member

A side project for me and my band's lead singer that we've enjoyed...Grit & Grace -- Americana, Rock, Heartland Rock style. New single out...and a few more on the way.

Mario C. likes this.
  2. wrightdude

wrightdude Supporting Member

A song from our last CD release. Sadly, the singer passed away this year :(

Proggy stuff:

Snail likes this.
  3. tristan klein

tristan klein Member

This is the CD I released 8 years ago on grooveyard records.

http://www.grooveyardrecords.com/tristankleinuniversalmojo-.html

I was very happy to sign in this indie label who sales music of some great guit players like Mike Landau, Chris Poland.

But as you will see, they wrote a lot of overrated things to sale the CD...that was the same with press.

I took me years to really appreciate the music because as probably most of you, I was focused on mistakes I made on the mix.

Phil X did the mastering, Greg Koch and Craig Erickson made some very nice solos, just like my favorite french guitar player, JM Kajdan.

Please don’t focus on tons of stupid things written by the label and just focus on the music.

I recorded all the album with a PRS singlecut, a Suhr Badger and a T-rex Mudhoney.

I’m working in the new album for 18 months, I have 6 songs, it sounds much better and I did quit the label...because I don’t want a label that claims that I’m on pair with bests guitarists in the world...I’m just a musician doing his thing. Sometimes I’m lucky to make a living with it, sometimes I’m not.

But I’m not this guy they described.

4. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

Details coming soon.....

[​IMG]

5. fetchmybeer

fetchmybeer Member

Second album just came out. My first album was rather depressing and it's very easy to write about those things for me, but I challenged myself to not be so depressing this time and decided that the one thing that truly makes me happy all the time is my little daughter. I wrote this entire album about her-- about the joy of her birth and watching her grow to my fears for her future, to the inevitable passing of the torch when I croak (I never said it was 100% un-depressing). I threw in a bunch of crossfades between the songs, a la a 70s concept album, since I figured it was actually a concept album and needed crossfades. It gives it a bit more of a flow even with some of the songs going into different territories. The album is best listened to as a whole, I think.

It's very shoegaze-influenced, but not always shoegazey. One song is very MBV-ish, but there are touches of Verve, Voivod, Ride, Swervedriver, The Cure, and Radiohead in there too. Not the cleanest production, but it wasn't meant to be. Since I produced and mixed it myself, it was only going to sound so good anyway. I used synths a lot for this album too, but almost exclusively as padding, mood, or texture. They never get in the way of the guitars.

Here's the Spotify link, but it can also be found on iTunes, YouTube, and all the usual places. I link to Spotify because it will play the entire album like it should be played. A couple YouTube vids follow that.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    StratmanSteve likes this.
  6. 4inchjones

4inchjones Member

7. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

8. nmiller

nmiller Drowning in lap steels Gold Supporting Member

I play bass in a band called Northern Rose. It's fairly straightforward indie music with a slightly dark edge, with atmospheric guitars and the occasional blues or country influence. We have two recordings out:

Our debut album, Reflections, is available on Amazon, iTunes, and a bunch of other sites. I can also sell you a CD if you PM me.

We also have a 3-song EP, Lighted Pathways, available on Amazon, iTunes, and those other sites.

9. still.ill

still.ill Member

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    StratmanSteve and fetchmybeer like this.
  10. Stone Driver

Stone Driver Silver Supporting Member

Snail likes this.
  11. sinasl1

sinasl1 Supporting Member

Hi guys, PETE THORN II came out this week, here is a smart link that will take you to Amazon, iTunes, Spotify etc. Hope ya dig it!

http://smarturl.it/petethornII

sideburns, dazed1, RhytmEarl and 3 others like this.
  12. sideburns

sideburns Member

TRAILER PARK VAMPIRE is my tip of the hat to 80s based hard rock vocal songs with a modern feel and slippery solos. Slither over to youtube if you want to preview a few TPV songs. Get the cd on ebay or my Trailer Park Vampire facebook page.

13. still.ill

still.ill Member

Solo demos of a new album which I feel are much stronger songwriting wise. its like indie rock guitar hero

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  14. Hack Prophet

Hack Prophet vile mighty wretched

Only just out today, this EP is already the subject of such lavish praise as:
    "It has a lot of mids" - the mastering engineer
    "This is unlike anything I have heard before, please turn it off" - Kyle's brother
    "It's a little too oppressive for my tastes" - my friend Jameson
    "You went to an expensive music school for this ****?" - my mom

Never before has a concept album been so ill-conceived.
    BEHOLD: GODPORK

jammwill likes this.
  15. BenF

BenF Member

Great stuff!

fetchmybeer likes this.
  16. fetchmybeer

fetchmybeer Member

Thanks, man. Truly appreciate it!

17. Neenja

Neenja Member

18. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

Hi guys! this is my newest album, it's instrumental rock fusion in a trio setting (Guitar, Bass, Drums) recorded live in the studio.

[​IMG]

You can listen 2 of the songs here:

You can listen and buy/download the whole album here:

https://lcdll.bandcamp.com/album/la-construcci-n-de-la-luz-ep

thanks for listening, hope you guys enjoy it, any comment is welcome!