List your CD here

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Brian Scherzer, May 29, 2009.

1. rolsen

rolsen Member

The Variety Hour's 5th release (3rd on Swoon Records), 'Head Pollution.'

Think Cheap Trick-meets-Dinosaur Jr. Catchy earworms, you'll like it!

Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini responsible for all the crunchy riffs, totally TGP appropriate.

Other ways to listen, buy:

https://swoon.lnk.to/HeadPollution

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. sizzlemeister

sizzlemeister Member

3. whaler13

whaler13 Member

4. Snail

Snail Member

Hi folks,

Here is my album "One Day Free." Although I've done some self-released stuff before, this is my first more "professional" release.

I wrote all the songs, many of which are influenced by my work in prisons and my experience with incarcerated persons and their families. Proceeds for the album go towards supporting higher education in prison programs. I also play guitar, bass and keys and sing on the songs, with other musicians providing flute, drums, cello, and vocals.

You can buy the album here:
    https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/brendanoz

And you can listen and find out more here:
    https://www.brendanoz.com/

Thanks!

5. whaler13

whaler13 Member

scelerat likes this.
  6. Franklin

Franklin Member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  7. Frankenstrat86

Frankenstrat86 Supporting Member

Hey all I just released a single, which is available on all major platforms for streaming/downloading. Transcription is also available (link in sig), and the music video showcases it below.

BrockDavisson likes this.
  8. scelerat

scelerat Silver Supporting Member

My band released "Knock Knock!" September 2018 right before doing multiple dates in Japan, hence the Nihongo artwork.

Whateverglades - "Knock Knock!" on Bandcamp

[​IMG]

1. Knock Knock
    2. Giving Up
    3. I Do I Did I Don't
    4. Miller's Cave
    5. Whatever
    6. Walking Away
    7. You Seemed Surprised

The CD version of this has these seven tracks plus the four from our first 7". Miller's Cave is a cover, the rest are originals.

Tags: rock country estuary pop rock'n'roll twang whatever

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    FuzzyAce likes this.
  9. BrockDavisson

BrockDavisson Member

Hey you all :) I have a CD out from 2015 titled "outtakes from the soul". It's more laid back folk/blues or what I like to call dirty or raw blues. I'm currently working on my 2nd album that will be out in 2019 sometime and it'll be bluesy, but more progressive blues etc.

Album cover -> https://ibb.co/tX8t0Lh
    [​IMG]

Sadly there's no physical CD's left anymore as we only did 300 copies then and sold out fast but there's downloads of it available and you can find that on cdbaby, itunes, amazon, google music, spotify etc... And there's also copies of it available right now on vinyl etc. Click on the link below and you'll be redirected to linktree with all the links.

https://linktr.ee/brockdavisson1978

10. fetchmybeer

fetchmybeer Member

Sometime around 2002, I really got sick of Christmas music and made an album's worth of terrible Christmas songs. I continued to put out a Christmas song most every year between then and 2016, culminating in a release that year. I then had a kid and hung up the terrible Christmas music...for a whopping year. I got bored and did an EP this year for Christmas called You Can't Spell Santa Without Satan! It's a concept album about Santa being possessed by witches to do Satan's bidding, so he basically is cursed and infected with things like gluttony, greed, lust, murder, insanity, and general mayhem. It is absolutely terrible, and terribly funny at the same time if your sense of humor is demented like mine is. It should be onto the usual platforms soon (but probably not until after Christmas, unfortunately), but for now is limited to CD baby.

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/santasangryelves3

11. still.ill

still.ill Member

Wrote/demoed out a shoegaze/classic rock song over new years break

some dunderhead blogger thought there were keyboards on it which made me laugh... everything is neck pickup jazzmaster except for the main solo which is ES-335

i feel people who aren't musicians but listen to music don't really listen to music the same way musicians do... they like/dislike something based on "vibe", whereas musicians tend to listen to the actual inherent music (progressions/riffs, melodies) behind a song/recording

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  12. Platypus

Platypus not in rivers, but in drops Supporting Member

I play with a four piece band out of Chicago called Flying Potion that makes psychedelic rock. I play guitar, synths and keys (Moog Sub37, Teenage Engineering OP-1, Rhodes), and a novelty toy melodica. My other bandmates play a 10 string pedal steel with a wall of pedals, drums and bass respectively.

iTunes / Apple Music:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/flying-potion/1448615496

Google Play Music:
    https://play.google.com/store/music...g_Potion?id=Byoviab3t64wup5hiqbghfzlirm&hl=en

Bandcamp:
    https://flyingpotion.bandcamp.com/album/flying-potion

Spotify:

Recommended starter tracks: Waiting On The End, Valley
    Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  13. Classic Tracks

Classic Tracks Silver Supporting Member

sizzlemeister likes this.
  14. Classic Tracks

This and 'BAD SANTA' are in lock-step. lol.

15. Classic Tracks

I haven't listened to every player on this site but this is the best talent I've come across thus far.

16. Classic Tracks

Like the vibe of your track. Definitely reminiscent of the Shoal sound. So much great musical history from that location. I think it's time someone brings back that wholesome sound of the ' Swampers ' .

Do you have any plans to record at the famous 3614 Jackson Highway location of 'Muscle Shoals Sound Studio' or 603 Avalon Avenue 'FAME Studios' location?

Man, if I lived in that area I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Found it interesting when I learned that Gregg Allman recorded his last album 'Southern Blood' in 2016 at FAME Studios,... the same studio that his brother Duane Allman first started as a session player in 1968 which lead to the making of the Allman Brothers Band,... thank God!

Often wonder if Gregg took this route before he passed on to complete the full circle to where it all started for him and Duane.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Blackguard13 likes this.
  17. Blackguard13

Blackguard13 Member

Its funny that you ask that, I actually tracked 10 songs at East Avalon studio (603 avalon ave.). The record will be coming out this summer. The new owner of the studio is a great guy who has good intentions for the place. He really cares about restoring the history of the Shoals and is planning to restore avalon back to its old glory, including the old reverb chambers and shag carpet. Im writing another album now just so that I can get back in there! haha. It was an experience of a lifetime!

18. Classic Tracks

Wow,... exceptional track and the recording is stellar. Great pristine track with every instrument well played, placed, mixed and mastered to a high standard,... the way it used to be.

I hear influences of Pink Floyd(Gilmour), Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Tom Petty(a smidgen). Top shelf stuff.

What console and recording median was used along mics and outboard gear?

PJH likes this.
  19. Classic Tracks

A cerebral journey indeed.

While viewing your video I couldn't help but think that the remaining estimated life span of the our Sun is 500,000,000,000 years when it will deplete its supply of hydrogen, helium, and collapse into a white dwarf,... kind of makes me appreciate this natural cycle of global warming even more. Pity the life forms that will experience the major cooling period of our solar system.

20. PJH

PJH Member

Thanks so much for your comments CT,

There were no fancy expensive pre's, mics etc used in this recording. It was done in my studio which is basically my converted garages on my house. It consists of a control room and separate soundproof booth.

The drums were recorded with an AKG D112 on the kick, SM57s on the snare and toms and Behringer B1s on the hats and overheads. I like the B1s as they are quite bright. I also had a room mic about three metres away from the kit. This was a Rode NT2A.

All the electric guitars and bass were recorded directly into the desk using the Line 6 Helix. The acoustic and the nylon string guitars were recorded using an SE2200 mic.

The track was recorded and mixed in SONAR Platinum using a MOTU 16A USB audio interface. I have a Yamaha mixing desk and basically just used the pres in the desk.

The keyboard sounds comprised of VST soft synths except for the mellotron sound which was a Roland JV2080.

Hope this helps, thanks for taking the time to listen.

Cheers

Peter.