List your CD here

orourke

I've been working on some new tunes and sprucing up some old songs the last few months of being locked-down. This is what I have so far, it’s good through headphones, very cinematic. Recorded using Logic Pro X, locked in my high-rise in the Bronx.

Last edited:
Hi All - New to the Gear Page.

While on the Covid Lockdown; I wrote, performed, programmed and recorded a bunch of material. I finally uploaded some to Soundcloud. I have about 10 more I need to upload. Feel free to check it out. Any feedback is welcome.

Occam

Silver Supporting Member
New project of mine called Troubled Beast. A mix of doom, ambient and free-jazz.

Pretzmidtown

Hi guys :) Glad I found this thread. My band The City Fathers just put out our debut album Broken Hearts & Backyard Wars a little over a month ago. Hope you guys enjoy it! Indie/garage/pop rock

Self produced and mixed with some free studio time at bare bones places. I wrote all the songs and our bass player did the cover art :)

Our website has all the streaming, Bandcamp, download, and CD links (www.thecityfathers.net) but here is the Apple Music link too!

https://music.apple.com/us/album/broken-hearts-backyard-wars/1504489765

Gear-wise, the album is:

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Mexi Tele, and Gibson SG

Amps: ‘74 Fender Vibrolux we borrowed at the studio that had verb and trem/vibrato we loved, a stock DRRI, a stock AC15C1, and a ‘57 Champ Reissue

Pedals: EQD Speaker Cranker and Gray Channel and Ghost Echo and Afterneath and Sound Shank And Disaster Transport Jr, RAT2, DM-2w, OD-3, TR-2, and Greer Light Speed primarily

Mic: Shure SM7b for all vocals and an assortment of fun ones and basic Shure 57 types for micing the amps

Last edited:

fetchmybeer

So when Covid hit and we all went into lockdown mode, I said to myself, "Self, there is no better time than now to start going goth and writing about doom and gloom." So I started out wanting to write/record one song per week, and that went ok until about halfway through because I can't generate lyrics that quickly, plus recording in a house full of people is weird. Regardless, I managed to squeeze out 10 songs relating to Covid times for what is now my third album. It is up on bandcamp and will eventually find its way to the usual online retailers for nobody to purchase.

If you like Bauhaus, L&R, Peter Murphy, The Cure, Siouxsie, etc, then you may like this. Very 80s with the guitars and keys and reverbed snare. The first 5 songs are pretty laid back napping tunes, the last 5 a bit more uptempo. Wife's favorite is At Your Window, mine probably one of the more uptempo tunes.

Last edited:

John Dell

This thread is meant for TGP members to post their CDs or downloads. To list, YOU must be a performer on the CD or download. You should post a graphic of the cover, if any, and where people can listen to clips to decide if they want to make a purchase. We also request that you post a link where people can purchase the music.

We used to try to add these to the TGP webzine but it became too time-intensive, so we are unable to continue that.
This thread is meant for TGP members to post their CDs or downloads. To list, YOU must be a performer on the CD or download. You should post a graphic of the cover, if any, and where people can listen to clips to decide if they want to make a purchase. We also request that you post a link where people can purchase the music.

We used to try to add these to the TGP webzine but it became too time-intensive, so we are unable to continue that.

Haven't been able to get the guys together so went in the studio and played evetything myself. Kinda fun fun because I did evetything the way I wanted. How I wanted.

calan

What the hell. I'm feeling nostalgic and remembering crap I did 20 years ago.

http://jcsautomation.com/music.asp

This was a project I did in my upstairs man cave, on Windows XP and Cakewalk 9.0. A collection of cover songs, and one original guitar track. A buddy of mine (Chris Walker) sang on the ZZ Top and Clapton songs, and added some background vocals. He played bass on a couple songs as well.

All the drums are an Alesis DM5, and the acoustic guitars, keyboards, and other instruments are a Nanosynth or Peavey DPM3SE keyboard. All the electric guitars were done on my Steinberger GL2T from '91 or so, recorded through a Johnson J-Station. (I was on a mission to prove that one guitar through an early modeler could sound like anything I wanted it to. Pretty sure I failed at that, but it was fun trying. :) )

All the vocals were recorded through a Shure SM58 beta or old Fostex mic. Post effects were just some Alesis Midiverb and other cheap rack gear from back in the day. Lots of hours and goofing off. :)

I'm far from a singer...and a hacker at everything else. So...keep that in mind. lol

EDIT:

I have to mention...this was my one claim to "fame". LMAO

The original guitar instrumental on the CD ("Cuffed and Tied"), was somehow heard by someone in Portugal, and they contacted me and asked if they could use it for a promotional CD they were producing for their shirt factory. So, if you are wearing a shirt that was made in Portugal back in the early 2000's....you're welcome. lololol

Last edited:

desertdweller

I play solo guitar and have two solo albums out, one in 2005 and another in 2015. Apparently a whopping 32 people per month listen to my music. That's 32 more than I thought! :D

I have other music with bands, but my solo stuff is my favorite for sure:

Here's a couple videos of my music as well b/c why not?

TheEightSixty

Supporting Member
Hey everyone! I just released my first EP called Space & Time or Somewhere In Between. This is the first project I’ve done as a guitarist. I had a lot of fun writing these songs and collaborating with some really great musicians. I wrote all the songs and lyrics, perform guitar and bass on all songs, and did the keyboards on “Airwaves.” I also created all the drum tracks and percussion. I hope you all enjoy the EP!
https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/richmaxwellandtheeightsixty/space--time-or-somewhere-in-between

Trending Topics