Listening to whole albums on YouTube...

5F6-A

Recently I found a channel on YouTube with whole albums to listen to by well known artists... I was so pleased :love: but also somewhat confused. How could these albums be shared so freely?
Then, I realised that I had been taken for a ride. All these albums sounded awful. Unlistenable, actually. The resolution was 360 p which equates to 96 kbps mp3. :facepalm
I tried a few times to listen to some of my favourite albums but I couldn't do it. They all sounded with no bass, no highs and really bland midrange plus some random sonic debris that only made the experience even less enjoyable.
In a way, I'm glad these files exist and are easily accesible but they are no substitute to the real thing. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

wox

Supporting Member
Music is a huge part of YouTube's content consumption and drove the development of the YT music service.

Some uploads are better quality than others, most of the various official uploads sound good enough.

Amp_Addicted

They should be cruddier sounding. What would be the point of allowing people to post perfectly awesome sounding recordings for free? That would be recipe for no one ever paying for music. It's already bad enough as it is. The other way some people get around copyright issues is to lower or raise the pitch of the recordings.

Yer Blues

They should be cruddier sounding. What would be the point of allowing people to post perfectly awesome sounding recordings for free? That would be recipe for no one ever paying for music. It's already bad enough as it is. The other way some people get around copyright issues is to lower or raise the pitch of the recordings.
That didn’t work with AC/DC. Someone put up all of Highway to Hell in 440. Made it nice to play along with. It didn’t last long.

The official channels are pretty good. Sometimes people will record vinyl or cd's and upload the audio. I frequently listen on laptop speakers so I don't really notice that much.

Trending Topics