Lithium Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Alejandro Fiore, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Alejandro Fiore

Alejandro Fiore Member

hey everybody. Hopefully somebody has tried the Lithium Guitars? It's a new brand and I just heard about them on instagram, the design of the guitars are super cool and I want to but one but not sure since I don't know them. Specs for the guitars look good. Bottom line: I want to buy but have cold feet. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. burntumbers

burntumbers Member

link?

google just gives me tabs for the Nirvana song.

3. cap10kirk

cap10kirk Member

I've never even heard of them, I tried a google search and only came up with everything to do with the Nirvana song, I had to go to instagram to find them. Click here to go to their (obviously free) website for anyone curious
    Just looking them over, I'm not impressed. They don't list any real specs on their website, not even the basics (scale length, nut width, etc). They only go as far as to say it's a basswood body with a veneer and a maple neck, and that's nowhere near enough detail for me. Judging by the pictures, I don't think I'd like playing it either, just look at the pictures of the neck heel, that would bother me trying to play it. For $300, I'd rather buy a Squier or an Epiphone, and know what I'm going to end up with.

4. Alejandro Fiore

Alejandro Fiore Member

Hi, thanks for the feedback guys. I aporeciate it. The link to the website is: lithiumguitars.weebly.com

I agree they are missing details but these guys answer all the questions that you ask them on social mediA. I don't sense any bs coming from them. It's clear like cap10kirk says that the comparison should be done vs epiphone or squire, but I personally really like the body and headstock shape and the paint in front and back. Have to admit I'm a Barcelona fan so the design on the back of the body talks to me.
    By the way, they uploaded a short video in instagram and sounds seems nice.
    Disclaimer: I'm an enthusiastic guitar player by no means would I consider myself an expert on guitar engineering.

Anyways, they look like fun. If I end up buying from them I'll share a review here.

Thanks guys

5. 65DuoSonic

65DuoSonic Member

6. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Hey, if you like it, buy one and let us all know

Peralta and edwarddavis like this.
  7. Alejandro Fiore

Alejandro Fiore Member

Will do Rod. Thanks

8. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

If it had a pigtail and no fret markers I'd be stoked!

9. Rod

Alejandro, what does the 10 number on the back mean? I'm only Spanish by heritage but have not yet made it to your beautiful country... next year for sure

10. Alejandro Fiore

Alejandro Fiore Member

Rod, it represents FC Barcelona jersey and number 10 is used by Messi which is the best football player of the 21st century, arguably the best of all times. Google Lionel Messi and/or FC Barcelona.
    Hope you ge to visit Spain soon, you'll have a blast!

Peralta likes this.
  11. Rod

Thank you Alejandro.... hopefully going this coming year........

Peralta likes this.
  12. rsm

rsm Member

Just looked at the site; I don't see anything new/different/interesting IMO., at least nothing more interesting than my low end BC Rich and Squier. That said, I hope they're successful and find a market...takes effort/risk to launch a new guitar company.

13. Alejandro Fiore

Alejandro Fiore Member

Agreed

14. Alejandro Fiore

Alejandro Fiore Member

Hey guys, quick update: I just couldn't resist the Barcelona design on the back of the guitar so I ordered one. I think they could tell I was hesistant so they sweetened the deal with some cables and a set of strings. So one thing I would say is that if someone wants to but feom these guys make sure to reach out to them first because you might get a better deal, just a thought.
    Anyways, I'll let you know what I think about the guitar once I get it (should be a couple of days). I'm excited, I guess that happens to everyone here when you buy an instrument :)

Thanks to everyone that posted here, i know not everyone agrees with my choice necessarily but your opinions where important to me to make up my mind.

15. Roxy

Roxy Member

They look like a knockoff between a Yamaha SG and a Paul Reed Smiths (meaning that in a good way) . Looking forward to see how you like it.

16. Rod

That's great Alejandro... I hope it's a great guitar for you

17. Alejandro Fiore

Alejandro Fiore Member

Thanks man, I'm sure I'll like it :)

18. Alejandro Fiore

Alejandro Fiore Member

Guys, today I received my guitar and I'm loving it!! The colours and finishes on this guitar are fantastic, look even better in person :). The sound I'm getting out of this thing combined with my bugera v22 amp has absolutely nothing to envy to an epiphone les paul! I know because i also have one of those. In a nut shet great guitar for the price. I definetely recommend it. I hope Lithium comes out with more models soon as they only have 2 adverized right now. Thanks to evrybody that participated in this threat.