1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Little Big Muff Opinions?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fyler, Sep 28, 2006.

1. fyler

fyler Member

the reviews on these seem all over the map from "as good as a ram's head BM" - to - "i couldn't get a usable sound out of it"
    i'm thinking of getting one, basically to replace the early 90's green russian muff i sold a few years back. i've tried a few boutique variations on the muff theme, but i always wind up selling them...
    anyway, first hand LBM experiences would be appreciated.

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I played an LBM at the store and thought it was a lot of fun. Most of the reviews I have seen on this board have been positive, lot saying it is between Russian and American versions, and some saying it's comparable to the original 70s versions

3. cubba65

cubba65 Member

Analogman is working on some mods to the LBM.
    So if it's sweet already, could you imagine the tone after he gets done with it?
    :dude

4. dosmun

dosmun Member

If you haven't been happy with the knock offs I am assuming the BMP is just not for you. That is if the Knockoffs were pretty true to the original.

5. fyler

fyler Member

well, i liked the '90s green russian muff, except for the horrid bypass. the other ones sound fine, i just never bonded with them...their resale value outweighed their usefulness.

6. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

The Huckleberry is like a hybrid germanium input/silicon output fuzz face, only with the tone stack of a big muff (sort of). Highly recommended and affordable (and normal small pedal size).

7. covert

covert Member

From the start, let me admit that I have never been a muff fan. I usually find them screechy and awful. That said, I have one of the green ones that isn't like that. I don't know if it's a fluke, or something that aged into what it is, but it's got more balls and less screech than most.

So, hoping to get that sound in the better package, I tried the LBM. Sorry to say that it didn't have the sound I liked. YMMV. Good luck.