little big muff?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chadprsman, Jul 3, 2006.

1. chadprsman

chadprsman Supporting Member

anyone have or tried one. I'm looking for some fuzz, and like the big muff on the vetta I had years ago. thanks
    chad

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

The lead guitarist in the band that I was in recentley used one after I recommended it to him since he was on a budjet, he fell in love with it. To me it sounds more like the russian big muff than the nyc, but thats just me, I mean its a wicked pedal, Id just go for the new nyc for the $15 more or w.e it is, But, if your into saving space on your pedalboard go with the little big muff or a normal one and re-house.

3. somedude

somedude Member

The LBF is tonally in-between the Russian and NYC.

I've owned various muffs including a couple from the 70s, and the new LBM is the best I've heard thus far.

4. JPenn

JPenn Member

I haven't messed with a Litlle Big Muff in probably 20 years, I forgot about that pedal. There wasn't a whole lot you could do with it. 1 position had a honkin' midrange and the other was sucked out.

No idea where mine is at or what I might've traded it for years ago.

5. somedude

somedude Member

That was the old LBM.....the thing with tone switch that went from "Mud" to "Breaks Glass".

They just released a new version.....three knobs, surface mount components, smaller housing (one size up from MXR.....about same size box as most boutique pedals).

EDIT:

[​IMG]

6. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I tried out a LBM at the store and was very pleased with it. Not a whole lotta variety, but got a sweet BMP sound outta it that was very useable!

7. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

I've got one. It's a bit more compressed than my old Ram's Head version BM. But it's tonally in the ballpark, and it eats up less space on my board. Oh yeah, it's a whole mess sturdier than the older Big Muffs.

8. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

very nice. definitely sits between the russian and US versions in tone.

9. SuperSoundMusic

SuperSoundMusic Member

Nailed it.

10. JPenn

JPenn Member

Hell that's like Fender putting out a dreadnaught and calling it a Stratocaster!!:jo