Little Feat appreciation

ripple

With Kung Fu Grip and Lifelike Hair
Gold Supporting Member
Working in the office today and listening to one of my alltime favorite bands: Little Feat

This WLIR-FM bootleg from 1974 is one of my favorites, and probably the best performance I've ever heard from the boys. Sound quality is not stellar, but the band is on fire from start to finish. Check out the guitar tone on the Fan solo... yeah baby!

The whole show is posted on YT, but I thought I'd share a couple tunes for any other fans of the Feat - enjoy!

assquatch20

Been getting into their stuff a little lately. Kinda like The Band in diversity. They play them a bit on Outlaw Country.

ripple

Gold Supporting Member
If I were to do a tribute band, Little Feat would be a top runner. Gotta give this whole show a serious listen.
I didn't post all of the clips, but everything from this show is top shelf Feat. If you can find the Cold Cold Cold/Tripe Face Boogie medley from this show, it's a burner.

So is Oh Atlanta...

On Your Way Down is just plain lowdown...

And Ritchie, Sam & Kenny - what a rhythm section...

Like I said in the title, Little Feat appreciation thread...

Last edited:

VaThump

YouTube has a bunch of their ACL (post-Lowell George, Let It Roll era) show, and the band's still smoking

AndreasG

I always thought Richie Hayward was one of the finest drummers around. Little Feat were just a stunning band with great tunes and no „prima donnas“.

ripple

Gold Supporting Member
YouTube has a bunch of their ACL (post-Lowell George, Let It Roll era) show, and the band's still smoking

Its cool that you posted that ACL show @VaThump .

Little Feat is one of my Dad's absolute favorite bands, and he was the one who turned me onto LF when I was around 13. Dad was crushed when Lowell died, and I guess he either lost interest, or figured they had faded away afterwards.
We watched that ACL show together when it aired and were blown away by the band, and how good they still were.

But watching Dad's excitement over one of his fav bands made it even better. Old man was getting down...

pup tentacle

Picked up Electrif Lycanthrope on RSD, and the sound quality is excellent... one of the best RSD purchases I ever made, although I see they're somehow still available on Amazon for $38. There were only 5000 pressed last fall, so that's surprising. Anyway, I'd strongly suggest grabbing this if you're into vinyl.

NTItNzc4NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Albion9

Great show, and great we have the recording from almost 50 years ago. Here is another short one from November 73.

mge80

I knew I had some sort of Little Feat radio station bootleg, so I went looking. It's from Hempstead, NY 4-10-1973

Track List:
Apolitical Blues
Cold, Cold, Cold/Dixie Chicken/Tripe Face Boogie
Fat Man In the Bathtub
Got No Shadow
Interview with Lowell George
On Your Way Down
Sailin' Shoes
Teenage Nervous Breakdown
Two Trains

Excellent stuff!!!

dzeitlin

I knew I had some sort of Little Feat radio station bootleg, so I went looking. It's from Hempstead, NY 4-10-1973

Track List:
Apolitical Blues
Cold, Cold, Cold/Dixie Chicken/Tripe Face Boogie
Fat Man In the Bathtub
Got No Shadow
Interview with Lowell George
On Your Way Down
Sailin' Shoes
Teenage Nervous Breakdown
Two Trains

Excellent stuff!!!
That was WLIR. I grew up about 10 miles from there. Sam Ash and Gracin's were within a couple of blocks of WLIR.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom