Little Lehle switcher

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Heartbreaker, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker Member

Does anybody know what the maximum allowable cable length is on the outputs of the little lehle going to the amps to not loose any change in tone? I sent an e-mail to the company but did not get a response. I see that the little lehle doen not have the lehle transformer to prevent signal loss.

2. iggs

iggs Member

I don't think it has anything to do with the switch itself since it's just a relay switch ... the change in tone (loss of highs most likely) will occur due to cable length regardless of the switch ... over 20ft is where you'll really start to notice IMHO.

3. LavaMan

LavaMan Member

The transformer does not prevent signal loss - a buffer does. If it has a buffer (which I think it does) cable runs of 30-40' are possible without much signal loss.

4. iggs

iggs Member

Right ... didn't clue into that part of the message, the transformer on the Lehle switches is to prevent ground loops when A/B-ing into muliple amps ... etc.

The Little Lehle does not have a buffer though, the bigger ones do.

5. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i have the little one, and so long as you're not running a 40 foot loop through the pedal, you won't notice signal loss (or if something in the loop has a buffer, you'd be ok). Its a pretty sweet little looper though, and works like a charm. a little pricey, but its german, and high quality, so what else you want?

6. Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker Member

Thanks to all for the input.