Little photo session of my #1's.........

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by OldSchool, Jul 6, 2008.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I had a some rare down time this Sunday afternoon and the wife took the kids to the in laws so I grabbed the opportunity to take a few Pics of my #1 amps .

I received both pretty recently and both are amps I wanted for a long long time. Here is my Holy Grail:

[​IMG]

Harry Straub is one of if not THE coolest people on this forum. I came close many times to sealing the deal on one of his heads. Each time one came available , either I was broke or in the middle of another deal . When I had Ca$h there was none to be found and his waiting list is like a year. I remember his first web page with this combo on the main page. I was like.......whoa! I need that! Then harry told me the Combo was a one shot deal......1 made and never again. Well that ONE came available recently from the original owner and I grabbed it. Made with 2 UK Made Greenbacks this puppy is the ultimate Marshall type amp I've ever heard. From Dickey to Angus to G.Moore its all in there. Feeds back wonderfully with the right guitar (That Hollow tele on the neck position Humbucker is SICK!) This one makes my Blockhead first born collect dust. I can't say enough good things about this amp. I really believe in Karma and things happen for a reason. The reason I never got one of those Heads was because I was meant to own this combo. Thanks Harry!:AOK

2. amp boy

amp boy Member

great story man.

3. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

My other #1 is this recent aquired ROBIN Deluxe reverb :
    [​IMG]

Paul from Robin amps is a local amp guru that just makes incredible amps. Going to his little shop is like a day in Disney World without the lines. He makes exact replicas of every Vintage amp you can think of. This deluxe Reverb has always been my Favorite and I asked him to make me a head version to match my Dr. Z Celestion Blue loaded Bottom. It reminds me alot of the 22watt Bruno Cow tipper except this one actually overdrives Wonderfully. This amp takes pedals better then any amp I've ever owned. The reverb is like floating on a cloud and the Trem circuit is second to none. I find myself leaving it on all the time at a low setting like a really cool delay.Texas Blues never sounded better! He matched the Marshall type cloth on the DR.Z bottom perfectly. [​IMG]

Check out them Blues!!

[​IMG]

Both of these amps represent the 2 tones in my head that I hear perfectly. I really feel lucky to own them. [​IMG]

4. Frankee

Frankee Wartime Consigliere

Classy set-ups :AOK

5. cat

cat Member

Both beautiful amps.

Cat

6. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Thanks! Welcome to the Forum![​IMG]

7. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

They both look great! I'm leaning towards putting a pair of Blues that I have in my 40w Tone King Meteor 2x12. It will be REAL close power handling wise but I think the tone will be killer. Sounds like you are happy with yours.

8. m3g

m3g Member

OldSchool,

I was recently talking to Paul about a guy he was building a Deluxe for to match his Dr Z cab!! It looks great. I am thinking of having Paul build me something special in the near future. Love the Straub too. That's an amp my wife would let me keep in the living room. :drool

9. XKnight

XKnight Member

Beautiful gear. Congrats!

10. jspax7

jspax7 Member

Great pics! I'd love to hear that Straub. Sounds like the ultimate Marshall to me.

11. Twanger

Twanger Member

Sweet gear man, just beautiful! :AOK

12. bchamorro

bchamorro Member

that 1st amp was ugly

13. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

LOL! That was me! I'm really blown away by the Job he did. That is a Talented man........[​IMG]

14. 5E3

5E3 Member

Looks great! :AOK

15. Digam11

Digam11 Member

Very Nice !!!

Great photos too, looks like a cool spot

16. HCStraub

HCStraub Member

Hey Al,
    Cool photos! I love the B3!
    Glad you are still enjoying the amp, that cabinet looks great with the backdrop. I am still surprised Brian sold that amp, he had it for a long time and loved it. I think it got to be too much amp for his housing situation, I am glad it landed in a good spot.
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    Harry

17. Franktone

Franktone Member

Awesome amps and guitars.

18. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Congratulations, on your fine set of #1's.

19. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Very nice rigs, Al! Any player would be proud to own either of those and you have 'em both!

I really hope that with the wife and kids gone you did more than take a couple pics. ;)

20. Deaj

Deaj Member

I haven't seen a Stephens guitar in some time - very nice!