• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Little reverb problem with Fender PRRI

radcliff

I turn on the Princeton - it's loud, dry, muddy, and the reverb isn't working. Reverb knob on 10 gives a low, faint buzz sound.

I take out the tank, unplug and plug it back in, move some 12AX7 preamp tubes around. Turn the amp back on. Sometimes after this and some jostling, the reverb is back in action and all sounds normal.

Then the next time I go to use the amp, reverb is inoperable and we're back to square one.

My list of possible culprits:
  • The tank itself - which seems fine (the springs are springy, although it does live in close proximation to a large speaker/magnet)
  • The cables leading from the tank to the chassis
  • The reverb-driving tubes (12AT7 - haven't tried a new one yet)
  • The reverb connection sockets inside the chassis.

Thoughts?
Thanks for any and all help:dude

radcliff

With some searching, it looks to be the RCA jack contacts, the RCA able, or the reverb driver tubes. I will try all 3 and report back.

TimmyP

If there's a problem with both the dry and the reverb, the problem would I think be either V2A, V2B, or V3A pulling the supply node down; or a problem with the supply - I suspect a bad solder joint or component in the supply.

Trending Topics