Little Wing played with Helix

chuskey

Working up an instrumental version of Little Wing to perform for an upcoming open mic night. Thought I'd lay down a version for practice and see how it's coming along.

First few sections I play like the SRV version and then deviate. A lot of improv so I never play a "perfect" version, but it is what it is :)

Signal chain was JTV Variax Strat neck position pickup into Line 6 Helix recorded directly over USB into Ableton Live. No processing done in Ableton whatsoever.

chuskey

Sounds nice. What amp and cab models did you use?
Thanks!

I used the Dr. Z amp model with the matching 2x12. U67 mic I believe. Didn't change any of the cab settings other than maybe the mic model. I don't remember what it had on it when I dialed it up.

Mandrax

Nice work, I really enjoyed it, listened to the whole thing. I thought it sounded great. There really are some great modelling solutions out there right now.

chuskey

Nice work, I really enjoyed it, listened to the whole thing. I thought it sounded great. There really are some great modelling solutions out there right now.
Thanks! Technology has truly reached an amazing place. To get that type of tone to a recording 20 years ago would have been unreachable without Pro gear. Now a laptop and an off-the-shelf pedal and you're good to go :)

Mr. Brady

Nice, we had discussed the SRV sound on the Helix in the Helix clips and sounds thread and this is the closest I've heard the Helix get to it, sounds great.

Trending Topics