Live Gig Clip of my Lowly Digitech RP1000. Still diggin it

Baminated

LATEST: 10/8/16 - raw board tape - rp str8 into FOH. MArk IV setting

6/20/16
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...1000-pink-floyds-money-live-gig-clip.1718124/

(6/16) solo after the chorus

- it was actually mashed from the last clip hence the same tempo

Not saying that ive arrived - still eyeballin the helix or AX8, but the timbres are diggable enough for me not to GAS too hard
Short clip of me from last night . VEry fortunate to have played with some serious heavyweights. Huge thanks to Phil Magallanes, Tony Cintron, Tim George, & Trace Zacur.

Last edited:

mosesblues

Silver Supporting Member
Very nice! And, I have to agree with you on the pure utility of the venerable RP1000. Although I am deep in exploration of the next level modelers, my trusty RP1000 has logged more gigs with me than any other equipment I've ever owned. Just a shot of contact cleaner each year in the switches and I'm set. Love the patch, too. Please post it if you are willing. ;-)

Moses

mattball826

in b4 Digitech is not a high end unit and meh you should never use one. lol

Sounds fine to me

I'm the same way. Funny enough more people have said they don't notice any difference whether I use the GSP1101 or my high end unit that cost 5x what the GSP did. One thing you will notice with Digitech units is they have a more midrange cutting sound to them.

Baminated

Love the patch, too. Please post it if you are willing. ;-)

Moses
Thanks for checkin it.
Without being I. Front of it
Amp is 62 bassman
EQ - i boost anywhere from 4-500 in the mids, ct the lows anywhere from -6 to -12 and cut the highs at 7100 about the same as the lows db wise
Digicomp
Boss SD dist
Tape echo

Will try to post settings L8R

If I had one beef it's that I can't set the comp or any ODs post for a clean boost

Last edited:

dcooper830

Will definitely check out this clip later when I get a chance.

I recently picked up a Digitech RP355 for $100 and I loved it so much I ended up getting an RP1000 a few weeks later!!

I never realized how great these things can sound if you dial em in right!

They're not perfect.. and definitely a little antiquated... but still, to me, absolutely amazing for the features and affordable price.

dcooper830

Just now listened to the clip.. sounds great! ! I love the tone! Fat and warm but still has plenty of bite... and just the right amount of delay to give it some good ambiance. 10/10

Great playing as well!

BoB/335

I was pretty much planning on the rp1000 (or the 500) until I came to the gear page where I was told not to bother wasting money on old technology and look into something like the AmpliFier. So here I am still with nothing.

Looking to go straight into the PA also. Sounds pretty darn good to me.

Aydan

I still swear by my RP1000 for live use. It has been used for hundreds of gigs over the years and never let me down. I use it for effects ONLY in the 4 cable method with my tube amps. I also throw an analogue overdrive and the occasional extra pedal in the RP1000's stomp loop. Good tone is good tone.

The weakest part of the unit now is it's amp modelling. It's more than usable and can certainly sound good, but if you only use it for effects like me you're good to go. Maybe I'll upgrade to a Helix in a few years time when it sells for a fraction of the price it is now because gear snobs have moved onto the next big thing haha.

Did a crappy little jam in my room. The mod, reverb and delays sound great. The camera sounds a bit more harsh than it does in person though but eh, whatever.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
Nicely done! If it works for you then, why worry about anything else!
In any case, I doubt anyone went up to you after the show and said they couldn't hear the tubes cooking. LoL

Aydan

Haha exactly! I own plenty of single stomps but when put side by side the difference in quality (while it is there naturally) isn't enough to warrant spending so much money when in a live band mix you're not likely to hear the subtle nuances they have. Of course if you're in a studio that's a whole other thing.

Baminated

Nicely done! If it works for you then, why worry about anything else!
In any case, I doubt anyone went up to you after the show and said they couldn't hear the tubes cooking. LoL
Great playing!! I liked that alot!!
Nice 2nd clip!
I was pretty much planning on the rp1000 (or the 500) until I came to the gear page where I was told not to bother wasting money on old technology and look into something like the AmpliFier. So here I am still with nothing.

Looking to go straight into the PA also. Sounds pretty darn good to me.
Thanks much to those of you who listened along with commentary which was actually relevant & acknowledging of the clips I posted.
I am pretty much sold on getting a Helix after next month, but still happy with this little monster & my spare.
I'll prob sell the spare & keep the RP for my backup rig

Last edited:

Trending Topics