• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Live Ready Sound Powercab IRs Version 4! (Now with clip)

weshunter

Gold Supporting Member
That said, clips, please!
Here's one of these IR's I just used on this recording. The amp is the /13 in Helix Native. I spent no time dialing it in but I just got a UA Apollo so lately I've been wanting to record stuff just to do it without actually trying to learn the songs or anything. But the IR's do sound great.

EDIT -- this is actually the Jensen. I thought I had switched it out but I guess not.

THIS ONE IS WITH THE NEW CREAMBACK IR (Version 2)

Last edited:

Lewis Brunton

So are these IRs supposed to provide an AITR sound like the speaker models in the Powercabs, or are they IRs in the standard sense?

ejecta

Silver Supporting Member
Here's one of these IR's I just used on this recording. The amp is the /13 in Helix Native. I spent no time dialing it in but I just got a UA Apollo so lately I've been wanting to record stuff just to do it without actually trying to learn the songs or anything. But the IR's do sound great.

EDIT -- this is actually the Jensen. I thought I had switched it out but I guess not.

THIS ONE IS WITH THE NEW CREAMBACK IR (Version 2)

Kudos on covering “I’d Never The Place Of Your Man”.... one of my favorite Prince tunes. Tones sound good too.

drew365

Gold Supporting Member
So are these IRs supposed to provide an AITR sound like the speaker models in the Powercabs, or are they IRs in the standard sense?
IR's in the standard sense except they are mainly 1x12 cabs that will work excellent with the PC.

Dead-Pan

Too funny, I didn't know the song either. Played it for my wife and she started singing the chorus right away. She's a Prince fan. Really good job on the redo. She played the original for me and your interpretation was very tasteful. Thanks for posting! @weshunter

guitarsan

IR's in the standard sense except they are mainly 1x12 cabs that will work excellent with the PC.
I'm going to jump in here with a question too.

But, if I have a Helix with a PC+, for example, there's no sonic benefit to loading these IRs into Helix vs. in the PC+, right? Only some conservation of DSP power in the Helix if loaded into the PC+, but no other benefit?

Dead-Pan

I'm going to jump in here with a question too.

But, if I have a Helix with a PC+, for example, there's no sonic benefit to loading these IRs into Helix vs. in the PC+, right? Only some conservation of DSP power in the Helix if loaded into the PC+, but no other benefit?
No sonic benifit to speak of but by loading in the Helix you would gain routing option to apply separate eq to multiple outputs if needed.

Note these IRS were enhanced while actually playing them through the Powercab to create a similar in the room feel as the original speaker. Some are 1x12 some are 4x12, some of the upcoming will be 2x12 though they are enhanced so this isn't really important.

For instance, the latest Creamback m65 started with 4 separate IRs that were processed with various methods then mixed and processed again.

Maybe this is too much info but the bottom line is they sound amazing :) both when used with the Powercab and when used as any other IR. One doesn't need a Powercab to use these with ease.

Trending Topics