1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

live recording 11-19-05

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by PacoCasanovas, Nov 23, 2005.

1. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

Click & hear!

new band, first gig, a bit nervous;) , live-recording (vocals are too loud on the pre-mix)

Guitar-signal-path: Gibson ES-347 -> Peavey Classic 50-212 -> Rode NT2 mik -> mik-pre

greeetz
    Paco

2. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

we had a blast tonite.....our 2nd gig together....damn, i feel really happy with this band....:D

i had a full house, and people really listen while playing...its a wonderful experience!:)

:dude

3. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Paco,
    I loved it-the chick has an awesome voice.The tune,although I could not understand the Italian lyrics:p ,had this cool,laid-back jazzy vibe to it.I dug your solo a lot,too;you got some sweet tones out of your setup.Post more,

Vlad

4. gomez1856

gomez1856 Member

Nice work Paco. I enjoyed that.

Thanks for sharing!

Rick

5. bigroy

bigroy Member

Nice song, nice chops and great brush work by the drummer. Very nice guitar work. What method did you use to record the band?

6. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

hey friends!

Thanks a lot for listening and your comments!:) Yeah...the drummer is incredible! I like him very much......

Its a live recording! we use my Motu Audio Firewire Interface 828mk2 together with a Mackie 1604VLZ mixer (total 9 channels used, ) and my old iBook (G3).....and a bunch of nice mics.

2 x Neumann KM-184 for drums overhead
    1 x Shure Beta52 for BD
    1 x Shure Beta57 for Snare

1 x Rode NT-2 for guitar (my 1st choise for all guitar recordings)
    1 x Neumann TLM103 for vocals
    2 x Rode NT3 for acoustic grand piano
    Bass = DI

mixing...very rough!

btw....i uploaded a bit better mix:

http://www.pacocasanovas.ch/annalisa/cvento.mp3

all the best
    Paco

7. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

Very cool. Nice pocket, you are right the band is very groovin. Nice stuff. I don't speak Italian, but like the vocals. Great voice.

8. marinblues

marinblues Member

Very nice, Paco.

Are from Ticino, by any chance?

9. R Anderson

R Anderson Member

Paco - Great clip!

Love the ensemble, the tune, the groove and the playing. But the sound quality of the recorded guitar during the solo is amazing.

I also have a MOTU 828 a Mackie mixer and a MAC but it has never had the pleasure of recording anything so beautiful. I'm going to have to try one of those Rode NT-2's.

Great job.

Russell