Live vid from the other night

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by cdaloia, Aug 20, 2011.

1. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

First gig w/ this setup. In G. Red Plate C-D' Special and WCR L-style guitar. No OD pedals, just pushing the amp a bit. A lot more gain on tap. Hermida verb and carbon copy in the loop.

Chuck

Here's another one w/ my tele. Using Hermida OD pedals. Zen drive aftter the clean stuff then Tiki Drive at 4:30

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  2. pinner

pinner Silver Supporting Member

Killin it on the LP. You sound great with what ever you hold!!! Rig sounds great!!!!!

3. arnie65

arnie65 Supporting Member

Better than the original recording!

Cheers,
    Arnie...

4. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Just heard this on FaceBook but I didnt realise it was your Red Plate C-D' Special... it sounds beautiful (great string definition even when you push it) I want one for Christmas. thanks Chuck. :aok

Bub. :beer

5. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Gold Supporting Member

That was totally killing!

6. DøøG

DøøG Member

Sounding great!

How do you like that new amp & guitar? Red Plate, a guy that ran a local jam around me (Dave Fields, great player) had a combo, I couldn't believe how small it was! Kinda looked like a toy, lol. He used his with an extra bottom, but used to bring that amp traveling, on the plane w/no problems. Like Bub says, great string definition when pushed, sounds like it'll clean up when you drop your guitar volume. Pretty cool stuff, gotta try one of those.......

WCR makes guitars? Who knew ? (I didn't)..... Give us a report on that one (If you haven't already....

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  7. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks Stephen!

Appreciate that Arnie.

Thanks Bub, it's a powerful and toneful little beast. Set up for the OD sound and back it off on the guitar for the cleans. Simple and full of tone but it has lot's of goodies too. Check out the site so Santa knows what to do.

Thanks Mark.

Doug, thanks. I am totally digging it. The Red Plate is versatile and easy if you want to set it up like I described above and cleans right up but has goodies too. The cleans are outstanding. A strat, delay, verb and the hours go by. It's 17 x 17 x 8, 40 wts, 35 lbs and sounds huge. Amazing really...the perfect NYC amp.

And yes, WCR is making an L style and a S style. I met Jim a few years ago at the LA amp show and he walked in with one in each hand.
    I haven't played a LP since the 70's. I've been playing 25 1/2 scale for the last 31 years so I'm not the right person to do the review other than it's a blast to play and sounds fantastic. There is info on his site tho. I know that he's using really high end parts and his pickups.

Thank you Tom, what a kind thing to say. Appreciated...

Chuck

8. thesauce

thesauce Member

Very cool, mind sharing some of those chord voicings?

9. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

you're sounding better than ever chuck! i had no idea that the redplate had that much gain on tap. i was under the impression that it was a clean amp and was made to be used with pedals for od but i guess i was totally wrong. my friend ede works at the boutique guitar exchange in atlanta and keeps raving about the redplate MDD that they just got in. let me know if you're ever in nyc- i would love to check your new rig out!

jack

10. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Goomba ... UR group should be touring with all the big fusion guys ..
    because you all are truly one of them ... Loved every moment ..!!!!!!!!!!!

11. garyh

garyh Member

:agree

12. BBender

BBender Member

Man Chuck...you are killing it buddy!!! My bro in law lives out that way...I'm gonna have to try and track you guys down soon. Have your dates on your site or anything?

13. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks, a bunch of voicings based on the 1/2-1 sound (just like the head is)

Thanks jack,

It delivers the goods w/ some volume. I'll get in touch next time I'm down your way. This is the perfect NYC amp. Powerful, clean and OD tone for days and small. It's available in a new black cab w/ silver/black retro grill now too. See my FB.

Thanks Paison, I really appreciate your support brother.

Again, appreciated Gary.

Thanks neighbor... We just got together and did a set, no rehearsal. No gigs lined up w/ this band. Just been doing quieter standards gigs. Sure would like to tho..fun band and Ed and Leo are really good friends.

Chuck

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  14. majordelt

majordelt Member

Chuck,
    Man thats Nice!! also, just killin tone. Always enjoy new Vids from Da Lawya!!

15. frankiestarr

frankiestarr Member

16. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

WOW great .. as usual.... Thanks

17. urlkonig

urlkonig Supporting Member

That was a lot of fun -- replaying it now!

18. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Member

19. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Superb. For a first outing i'm impressed you got that dialled so great. Usually takes a few for me to hone things.

Joseph said it -you should be touring with the big cats, won't be long I'm sure.

20. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Silver Supporting Member

Nice Chuck! Really nice sounding amp too. I love Henry's amps just can't afford one.