• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Living Room Rig

bilbal

I decided to set up my old living room rig again last night. It's pretty inexpensive and easy...Epiphone Valve Junior 1x18 combo, a Zomm GFX-1 multi-effects processor and which ever guitar is handy.

Let me tell ya, I dialed in the coolest tone patch. The entire rig is worth less than 150 bucks but I had soooo much fun with it all night long (which is my point). I happened to be playing my new LP which made things better but I remember this rig sounding good with every guitar I have ever played through it including a strat which is not my favorite by a long shot. It can get loud but I keep it down low for obvious reason - I'm in my living room - LOL!!!!!!

Sometimes the unexpected rigs are a lot of fun. This thing rocks!!!
b

3 Mile Stone

That's true I think. I was in GC yesteray. Saw a Korean Ibanez Artist, and I've wanting one. Pulled it down to play a few licks and the sales guy gave me a cord and said to plug in. Lots of amps there but there was a Fender G-Dec sitting there at eye level and I figure it would be easy to use. I turned it on and it had a Brit style amp with delay (my favorite tone to rock out with). It sounded really cool, I could dig having one. So yea, you never know.

bilbal

It's funny how it happens but also kinda uncomfortable when I think about how much $$ my big rigs are worth/cost me - LOL!!! I could seriously be happy with this tone in many instances.

As a matter of fact, I plan to get to rehearsal a bit early tonight to dial my SLO in to sound like the Valve Junior does in my living room - foolish huh???

:dunno:crazyguy

traviswalk

In the Great State
Platinum Supporting Member
As a matter of fact, I plan to get to rehearsal a bit early tonight to dial my SLO in to sound like the Valve Junior does in my living room - foolish huh???

:dunno:crazyguy
That is funny!

You see, RF was using those high $$ Dumble rigs for years now to chase that elusive Peavey Solo sound....

bilbal

After that last post of mine, I have decide to seek help...

Talk about regressing. I'm gonna dial my SLO in to sound like a VJ and a fu**ing Zoom. WTF, I have come full circle.

:crazy