Living Room Rig

bilbal

I decided to set up my old living room rig again last night. It's pretty inexpensive and easy...Epiphone Valve Junior 1x18 combo, a Zomm GFX-1 multi-effects processor and which ever guitar is handy.

Let me tell ya, I dialed in the coolest tone patch. The entire rig is worth less than 150 bucks but I had soooo much fun with it all night long (which is my point). I happened to be playing my new LP which made things better but I remember this rig sounding good with every guitar I have ever played through it including a strat which is not my favorite by a long shot. It can get loud but I keep it down low for obvious reason - I'm in my living room - LOL!!!!!!

Sometimes the unexpected rigs are a lot of fun. This thing rocks!!!
b

3 Mile Stone

Silver Supporting Member
That's true I think. I was in GC yesteray. Saw a Korean Ibanez Artist, and I've wanting one. Pulled it down to play a few licks and the sales guy gave me a cord and said to plug in. Lots of amps there but there was a Fender G-Dec sitting there at eye level and I figure it would be easy to use. I turned it on and it had a Brit style amp with delay (my favorite tone to rock out with). It sounded really cool, I could dig having one. So yea, you never know.

bilbal

It's funny how it happens but also kinda uncomfortable when I think about how much $$ my big rigs are worth/cost me - LOL!!! I could seriously be happy with this tone in many instances.

As a matter of fact, I plan to get to rehearsal a bit early tonight to dial my SLO in to sound like the Valve Junior does in my living room - foolish huh???

:dunno:crazyguy

traviswalk

In the Great State
Platinum Supporting Member
As a matter of fact, I plan to get to rehearsal a bit early tonight to dial my SLO in to sound like the Valve Junior does in my living room - foolish huh???

:dunno:crazyguy

That is funny!

You see, RF was using those high $$ Dumble rigs for years now to chase that elusive Peavey Solo sound....

437635.jpg

bilbal

After that last post of mine, I have decide to seek help...

Talk about regressing. I'm gonna dial my SLO in to sound like a VJ and a fu**ing Zoom. WTF, I have come full circle.

:crazy

Trending Topics

Top Bottom