• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Living with a Thorn Gantura

dbeeman

Platinum Supporting Member
Ron allowed me to participate in the first run of the Granturas., so I've had mine for a while. Arcane pups, Limba neck. When I first got the guitar, I was of course pleased with the typical Thorn quality of construction and playability. Very even response up and down the neck.. However, I did not totally get until I used it exclusively for gigs about 4 weeks in a row recently. The vocal singing midrange, with enough air and steel on the top end to give it definition, but always smooth, never harsh. Really a different sound than the F style guitars I usually play. Feedsback and sustains easily but very controlled. Not woofy on the neck pup like typical "ES" guitars can be. Size and weight extremely easy to manage over hours of playing.

Last edited:

stashman

Silver Supporting Member
Kudos to you, I haven't had the nerve to play mine out yet (not even for practice).

dbeeman

Platinum Supporting Member
I hear you stashman. But I can't have any museum pieces. I have to play them. I am pretty careful

WayneM

My Grantura is slightly different.....a Hog neck and Dr. V pickups...
However, it is my favorite guitar in all my years with gear.
Even my practice amps sound like a million bucks when using this guitar.

I am still in love......Ron really nailed this model!

Trending Topics