Lizard Legs Dragon Boost vs. Creation Audio MK 4.23 - Which???

spyeman

I'm looking for a completely clean boost. Both of these are highly regarded, anyone tried both, or have comments on either one?

drolling

Haven't tried Dragon's Leg, but the Mk 4.23's by far and a long shot, the cleanest booster I've yet used. Makes something like the *really clean* Xotic RC Boost sound like a Big Muff with bad trannies!

iim7v7im7

I'm looking for a completely clean boost. Both of these are highly regarded, anyone tried both, or have comments on either one?
The Lizard Leg Flying Dragon is the most transparent and natural boost that I have tried (KOT, RC Booster and Tim). I have not tried the MK 4.23.

Sniper-V

As far as single knob clean boost pedals, these 2 are way up the list.

Both will do the job great.

The Flying Dragon is simply your tone but more. Very transparent as I don't hear much if any tone change. Works great after the guitar giving your signal a nice boost to push and amp or feed a long signal chain. Also worked decently as a solo boost at the end of the chain.

The Mk.4.23 is very clean and clear. So much that there is a slight presence increase. Has tons of headroom and boost in here. Sounds like this one can get "louder" than the Flying Dragon but that's a personal preference of need. Again very clear in the front. My favorite is running at the end of my pedal chain as a solo boost. The added presence gives a little shimmer and cut that works for solos or degraded long signal chains.

Both are great boosts.

spyeman

Thanks for the inputs, sounds like either one is a great pedal. I have changed gigging amps, my older amp had two masters which was great for volume/solo boosts, new amp does not, so looking to recreate that "second master" scenario. No need/want for any tonal change at all. Looks like a coin toss here, plus they both cost the same!

Trending Topics