• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Load box with 3rd party IR loading , no wall wart?

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
AMT CP100 and proper pedal power supply? Logidy and the same?

KenG

Do you an issue with Wall-warts? One advantage is they are easily replaced without having to return the unit they power. They allow that same unit to be physically smaller by moving the isolation transformer and circuitry out the chassis and into the wall-wart. If the unit is a low power consumption type there's no issues with it IMO opinion (as someone with 35 years in Electronics)

djd100

Wall worts are...

a) Easier, cheaper, and simpler to implement.

b) Don't require additional certification.

c) Reduce the unit's footprint.

d) Can minimize shielding requirements and noise etc.

e) Can be a PITA if you have too many LOL!

Baminated

Do you an issue with Wall-warts? One advantage is they are easily replaced without having to return the unit they power. They allow that same unit to be physically smaller by moving the isolation transformer and circuitry out the chassis and into the wall-wart. If the unit is a low power consumption type there's no issues with it IMO opinion (as someone with 35 years in Electronics)
i just hate it when I have multiple units needing wall warts, because i have to have at least 2-3 of them per unit due to gig wear/road rash. Almost then requires having a separate container for them in which the backups won't get damaged

Sascha Franck

Theoretically, it should be possible to transform the heat (=result of the entire load box process) into electricity, which could then be used to power an IR loader.
That'd be a very handy thing to have.

Trending Topics