• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Loaded Question: Plextortion or Pinnacle through Marshall circuits ?

Baminated

I do understand Brian's logic in going through accessible amps such as Classic 30's and other Fender Circuits with strats, but the logic of that fails in that those type of circuits & marshall circuits are different beasts - not to mention using buckers changes the game plan as well.

I have some pedals which sound great through one amp, but not another. Some of my pedals sound great with buckers but not with single coils and vice versa.

I am mainly looking for something that can get a good early VH 1-4 rhythm tone, but can also function as a decent lead pedal through a MARSHALL type circuit w/low output buckers

I want to set the amp for a semi-clean tone, & then spike it for rhythm crunch

I have read that the plextortion is better for rhythm than the pinnacle, but the pinnacle outperforms the plextortion for leads.

Last edited:

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
I do not own either pedal. Just from what I have read and the sound clips I have listened to, the Pinnacle 2 has some Marshall and VOX in it. I think the Pinnacle 2 is a much more versatile pedal. The Plex sounds very thin and grainy to me.

Peeb

I've got a pinnacle 2 on the way, but I don't have a marshall to play it thru!

carbz

Silver Supporting Member
I use my Pinnacle through a plexi circuit although it is a master volume amp. It works well with that circuit as far as I'm concerned. I use it in different ways sometimes being the main source of drive other times just to tighten up the low end a little and give a little more grain. My only gripe with the pedal is the boost on it adds way to much gain unless you use it into a clean amp. If you like the early VH level of gain for Chord playing the boost becomes overkill. Other then that the circuit is great. Definately IMO above the competitors like the BSIB, Crunchbox, Brownie...etc.

Baminated

carbz, thanks much I play through a Marshall 50 W plexi MV type amp That's all I needed to hear !

Trending Topics