• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Logic Drummer

patshep

Silver Supporting Member
I really felt like this was such a great concept, however I just want a virtual drummer to keep time with good fee, and all these modules 'overplay'
what i really wish would happen is that Apple would open it up to developers, so you could buy different plug ins to work with drummer
say a simple four on the floor, maybe a jazz or reggae module...

Grun

Silver Supporting Member
I would also like to be able to get 'different' drummers, however with not too much time and effort you can modify the performances on hand more to your liking. There are a couple of pretty good youtube videos that reveal some good pointers.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
I ended up just using EZD with its loops. Much more straightforward than trying to get the Drummer beats to fit the song.

patshep

Silver Supporting Member
i set fills to zero and it's still busy to me, and i only can use two of them without going nuts
i have EZ drummer too, and i'm not nuts about it...
I used to have BFD ECo, which i loved, I just used this one basic kit most of the time, and it was perfect for me, but they discontinued it..
I still think Apple would be smart to open it up to other people, in the way Kontakt by NI does, and you could have a ton of different people making modules for it.. seems like a win/win, because i doubt apple is interested in spending money developing logic

Grun

Silver Supporting Member
You can also program your own. It's pretty easy to program a simple part if that's all you need. I agree 'it would be nice..' OTOH, it's not that hard to get around. Did you check out youtube?

Stokely

Weird, I haven't noticed Drummer being too busy if you take down complexity and fills. Then again I'm not usually shooting for anything too exact with it.

I may check out Addictive Drums, I bought a couple of their pianos and I really like that company (very timely and friendly support). They have simple copy protection too which I prefer (over things like iLok).

I'm certainly no expert with Drummer, but one thing you can do that I do occasionally is convert the track to a straight midi track (by clicking one button and dragging the notes to a midi track iirc). Once the notes are in a midi track you can edit any way you like of course. One reason I've done this is to take just the high hats from a drummer track (by selecting and deleting all the other drums in the piano roll) and combine them with a different kick and snare (or vice versa). It's one way to get unique combinations even if they might not be what a drummer could/would actually play :D

Trending Topics