Logic Pro 7 Advice

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Fender66, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Fender66

Fender66 Member

Hey gang....

Just starting with Logic Pro 7 and looking for some quick advice online in the form of a tutorial to lay down a quick acoustic guitar track with vocals on a different track. Spent too much time last night installing and feeling around to get anything recorded.

Any direction on where I can find some quick, basic tutorials to read/watch before I jump back into this tonight and get frustrated again.

I know I need more patience, but I have a quick deadline to meet in a day or two if possible.

Peace,

2. shawntp

shawntp Member

I have not used logic 7 for a year now but the things you need to understand are where you devices inputs are and how to manage them in the channel strip - creating a project with the right audio bus settings, and how to manage tracks.

I think there is a wizard to create a project but really you should be able to select a track, assign it an input in the tracks strip along the lower left of the tracks and record enable/record.

I know this is not very detailed or helpful but I will say there is a very slight learning curve for basic logic use - I recommend just using GarageBand if you cant figure it out and are in a pinch and then convert the GB project into logic down the road.

3. jbhights

jbhights Supporting Member

http://youtube.com/sflogicninja

Everything you need to know about logic. Beginner, advanced, and professional. He's got great tutorials. He uses Logic Studio 8, but the concepts are the same.

4. Fender66

Fender66 Member

Thanks guys....

Is Logic 8 that much better than 7? I mean enough to buy it? $500 worth?

Peace,

5. jbhights

jbhights Supporting Member

I have heard a lot of people complain about the new logic studio (logic 8 pro), I however, happen to love it. I think it makes recording easier and the interface is more intuitive. If you have logic 7 pro you should be able to just buy an upgrade for $300 or so, but I am not sure.

jbh

6. Fender66

Fender66 Member

Actually...for anyone that's reading this...I just found out the answer. If you own Logic 7 the upgrade cost $199. Just ordered it. Should get it in the next week.

Peace,

7. nsps

nsps Member

If you're really facing a deadline and worrying about the learning curve, you could always lay down the basics in Garageband, then move to Logic for the more advanced effects and editing. Also, the upgrade is well worth it for all the goodies they included in 8.