Lollar Imperials Pups Question

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by ant_riv, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ant_riv

ant_riv Supporting Member

Hello!

Does anyone have any experience with Lollar Imperial pickups?

I was recently given a set, and want to have some idea of what to expect from them, before selecting a guitar to install them in. Are they high, medium, low output? Vintage or modern sounding? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you!

2. ManliusGuitar

ManliusGuitar Member

They are vintage low output. Very nice pickups, and a great thing to have "given" to ya!

3. ant_riv

ant_riv Supporting Member

Thank you for the info! That means these are exactly what I was hoping for, as I am trying to get a Paul Kossoff-type tone, and I believe he used a '59 and '60 Burst.

Yes, these were quite an unexpected surprise.

I won an eBay auction for the body-only of a guitar that I purchased as a project, and when the seller sent me the tracking info, he told me there was a "Surprise" in the case.

I opened the case, and not only did he send me the guitar, but also included this set of Lollars, and a set of Gibson Deluxe Kluson vintage-replica tuners.

Amazing! When I thanked him, he said that he has been the recipient of similar kindness over the years, and tries to do the same whenever possible. Quite inspirational!

4. ChrisB

ChrisB Member

Great pickups and they will definately get you in the Kossoff ballpark...enjoy

5. ROKY

ROKY Member

Inspiration is what it's all about .
    You should definitely pay it forward, now ... I'll PM you my address ! :D

6. jleung

jleung Member

That is possibly the coolest thing I have heard in a long time

7. NWOBHM

NWOBHM Member

Man, Lollars are some of my faves! They'll get you in the ballpark of Kossoff but, mayba a little brighter than your typical 50's PAF type pups. There not as honky either in the mids. Clarity is what these have and lots of sparkle and chime!