Lollar Pickups - Experience? Thoughts

Dusty_Dave

Apologies if this has been discussed. I did search to see if maybe its been talked about but i couldn't find anything.

Have any of you used Lollar pickups in your guitars? If so, what were your impressions?

Thanks

jsboswell

Silver Supporting Member
I've had them in several guitars and always liked them. What variety of pickups are you contemplating (humbucker, strat, tele, etc)?

Dusty_Dave

I've had them in several guitars and always liked them. What variety of pickups are you contemplating (humbucker, strat, tele, etc)?

My fender special has a HSS config, so im looking at changing it to an: Imperial Humbucker - Blackface (middle) - Blackface (neck)

Major Dude

I have a Vintage T neck PU fitted to my Tele, very sweet and open sound which definitely works well with a Rambler - if you still got yours. Would certainly compliment the mid-bump your Archer and TS9 deliver too.

By contrast I have Fralin and Klein PU's fitted to a Strat, the Lollar again feels more open/less compressed. All great pickups though, just different

kidmo

The tele neck pickup is the hardest to make sound great, Special T's nail it. Period. Looking to get a set of Regals soon.

rambleon

They are really great. He's particularly known for his P90s but in my experience even his tele pickups are excellent.

Squatch57

I've had Lollar 52's in my main tele for the last five years, I love 'em!

RIlw56nh.jpg

taybutcher

I tried a lollar J street tele bridge pickup and did not like it. One of my friends has a lollar low wind humbucker in his strat though and I think it sounds amazing. I've been thinking about giving lollar another shot lately to be honest.

Ferret

Silver Supporting Member
I have several Lollar pickups and all are at least very good. As has already been noted, for some jobs his pups are a bit too hi fi for my taste, but if that isn't an issue you can't go wrong. Even if they are bit too hi fi for you, you can still make them work for you. They would never completely let you down. They never come close to being bad, even if occasionally someone else makes better pups.

Defendant

Never heard a bad one. I have imperial low winds in a 335 and imperial standard winds in an LP. Both sets were a marked improvement on the stock Gibson pickups.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom