Lollar pickups

joolzriff

i gota say, ive been on the pickup search for a little while and i gots to say out of all the customer service i recommend Lollar.....just a pure pleasure to deal w/ such knowledgeable people....just super nice and awesome...i'm happy..now to plug these in my strat
special in bridge and blackfaces in middle and neck

mild

I'll second that. Garuantee you'll be back here soon with a "HOLY MACKERAL, LOLLARS PICKUPS ARE INCREDIBLE!!" post. :)

bluesrules

Yes Lollar Blackface. I've been wanting some for awhile now. I thought the soundclips over at ACME guitar works were great. I listen to them many times and always favored the Blackfaces.

Special in the bridge.....interesting. I never thought about swapping the Lollars around. I have to sit down with a beer and listen again now.

Let me know how the volume outputs matchup, if any.

K-Line

Vendor
Yes Lollar Blackface. I've been wanting some for awhile now. I thought the soundclips over at ACME guitar works were great. I listen to them many times and always favored the Blackfaces.

Special in the bridge.....interesting. I never thought about swapping the Lollars around. I have to sit down with a beer and listen again now.

Let me know how the volume outputs matchup, if any.
The special in the bridge is a cure for anemia that occurs in the bridge position on many strats. It gives the bridge position a fuller tone. A really cool option is a blonde neck, black middle, and a special bridge. The voulumes match up well. Once you go Lollar, you never go back!

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
I didn't have the same experience with Lollar when I bought my Imperial set. In fact I specifically asked for nickel covers and after hours of failing at trying to age them, I realized they were Chrome covers.

I have aged many a nickel cover in my time and anyone who knows nickel knows it doesn't take much to age them. The Lollars were impossible to age with acids and other methods...

Not A big, big deal, but at over $300.00 a set, the nickel covers I requested would have been nice. Plus it was a little disappointing since I sent in my order in writing with a money order and specific instructions.

They do sound good though:D

Personally, my best service was from Jim at WCR.

My friend/tech raves about Tom Holmes and his pups and service. I have heard great things about Wolfe at Wolftone too.

Lots of good choices out there.

big mike

Platinum Supporting Member
Never had any customer service experience, my lollars were used or from a dealer. I like his P90 neck position pickup. DIdn't care for the Buckers, haven't tried the strat, but I mean to at some point.

I did meet him at the amp show, seemed like a nice cat.

Ditto on Wagner's service, and Wolfe's is great as well.

M

Monroe

Kudos to Jason for prompt, personal service, including answering numerous technical questions via e-mail.

KRosser

Love the Lollar Imperials; love the P-90's

I need to experiment more with the Strats & Teles....

I've never had anything but the most courteous and expeditious service from the man or the company

Trending Topics