Longer Scale Jaguar builds?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by theanalogdream, Feb 10, 2015.

1. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

Hi,
    I love offsets, I have a JM type offset from Dan Strain, which is killer.
    I've only played a few Jags here and there, and never really bonded with the scale length. The ones I played were all terribly setup too... so maybe the combination put me off?

What I'm wondering is... does anyone do a Jag style build with a longer scale length? I think regular is 25.5 and a Jag is 24?

Could someone set me straight on this? Is it just part of the charm with a Jag?

Also, feel welcome to share pics of yours!

2. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

What your looking for is basically a Jazzmaster with Jag(different?)electronics...I think any guy that does Jazzmasters could easily build you what want...

I love the Jag scale length and there is some magic to that design...you can use heavier strings without the extra tension...you can reach more spread out chords and scale patterns...it has a different sound and feel...here's a custom Jag that Creston built me...he's an awesome builder and worth checking out for sure...

http://www.crestonguitars.com/guitars/offset/john_flannerys_olive_drab_custom

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015