Look what I stumbled across on ebay...

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Ed DeGenaro, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

2. Schtomp

Schtomp Member

Great band - Gumbo Millennium is one funky album.

EDIT: Like the guitar to :D

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  3. frmorales52

frmorales52 Member

They did the best ever cover of "Jungle Boogie"

4. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Silver Supporting Member

5. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Cool axe. I Wasn't he playing Robin back in the late 80's? First dude I saw with a Machete..I think.

6. Ian Anderson

Ian Anderson Supporting Member

Cool band!!! I saw them open up for Janes Addiction back in the day.

7. musicnut24-7

musicnut24-7 Member

:BITCHSomebody grab it and do me a favor!:tapedshut It'll be greatly appreciated!:AOK

8. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

Wild looking guitar! Would make for a good match of this amp head:

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. musicnut24-7

musicnut24-7 Member

:AOKIf I were keeping the guitar, I'd seek out the amp!:dude

10. Catmouth

Catmouth Member

Thats so much to the OP.
    In my various moves, and switching from tapes to CD back to tape, back to CD and to the computer, this is one of those bands I was into but unfortunately misplaced and forgot about. Man that brings so memories coming back. TY Jimi's playing was unreal. I got to go check out what they are doing now....

11. musicnut24-7

musicnut24-7 Member

12. Catmouth

Catmouth Member

Well, I guess if I would have ran your post, through my BatComputer, I would have realized you WERE Jimi. Shows how much attention I am paying this week. I am already thinking about a vacation haha.

Great to "meet" you Jimi. I feel kinda guilty having lost track of you guys. Glad to hear you guys are still doing it. I really did dig your tunes.

I heard 24-7 right after I started playing guitar in the late 80's early 90's. I had a friend from New Jersey that visited each summer and would bring down all kinds of new music. Your group was one of the few that stuck out to me. I think I traded him a skateboard or something for that album. Good times. I look forward to going home and catching up with whats up with 24-7 Spyz.

13. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Silver Supporting Member

14. tacorivers

tacorivers Silver Supporting Member

Another big fan. Saw you guys twice in 89. Both shows were off the hook.

15. musicnut24-7

musicnut24-7 Member

Hi Guys! Thanks for the welcome and super stoked that you've dug the music! From 89 to 97 with just one year off (93), we did nothing but record and tour, record and tour! We took a self imposed hiatus for almost 10 years, making new music for the first time in 2006:JAM! We're older and wiser, some of us have wives and children but most importantly, we still do this because we love it! Anthony & Big Mike mentioned Robin guitars & ADA gear! My Robins (or what's left of them!) are tucked away but my ADA's are still in the rack and causing people to say DAMN! That is one sick tone! I've been thru a gang of guitars over the years but since severing ties with Vigier last year, I've happily joined forces with Peter Rahbek (www.rahbekguitars.com) and we'll be dropping a signature model later this year:roll! Spyz will play in select cities in the states and hit Europe in 2009. Now let's talk about the Vigier on ebay! GET THAT THING OUTTA MY HOUSE!!!! That's all I have to say:horse....LOL! In the meantime, here's a link so yall can hear some new Spyz stuff:

http://www.spiritmusicgroup.com/facetheday/

I hope yall will dig it as much as the older stuff! Still keeping it real and staying true to what we do- AS ALWAYS!!! Glad to be here and much love and peace to all of you! And Thanks Ed! U RULE!! HeavyMetalSoul4Life!

16. Brooks

Brooks Member

funny, i found my old copy of "strength in numbers" the other day and loaded into itunes, whata great album.

kinda late in saying so, but welcome jimi! saw you guys in charlotte in the early 90's.

17. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

Jimi's been a member of the Shawn Lane forum for some time now and he's not only a great player, very funny dude, but also one hell of a sweetheart of a person.

Rock on Hazelnut!

18. GovernorSilver

GovernorSilver Member

Wow, I can't believe I didn't get into Spyz years ago. Awesome band!

19. musicnut24-7

musicnut24-7 Member

Thanks Guys! It was a blast when I was a lurker reading great posts from gear lovers and the luthiers that make the good stuff but it's truly massive being a part of a killer community of gear loving peeps! Looking at wood has never been such fun...Hmmmm! Maybe I should rephrase that? :rotflmao
    DB, you're like internet family 2 me and please remember that when I come over to borrow a Briggs and somehow forget to return it!;):crazyguyCousin Jimi has "senior" moments from time 2 time!:D