1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at a Larrivee LSV-11 fingerstyle. Anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Eric Pykala, May 21, 2011.

1. Eric Pykala

Eric Pykala Member

Always loved Larrivee guitars, and one has caught my atttention. Just wondered if any of you own or have experience with the Larrivee LSV-11, what they tout as their fingerstyle model? I'm attracted because of the smaller body (arm injury still hampering larger guitars) and the shorter 24.75 scale. I play some fingerstyle, but would be using it with a pick more often than not (not bluegrass aggresive stuff, just strumming).
    Any input you could share would be most appreciated!

2. Eric Pykala

Eric Pykala Member

Wow, I knew these were specialty guitars, but no-one has one?

3. mklare

mklare Member

Hey,

I have one. It's a no-cut LSV-11 with a Baggs Dual Element. It's beautiful and sounds great. I like the wider fingerboard a lot because my fingers are less than delicate!

I plan to sell this and buy a custom Bourgeois... It's not that I don't like the Larrivee--I do--just have guitar acquisition syndrome!

I can send you pix if you're interested.

matt