Looking for a boost/OD

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Slotunes, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Slotunes

Slotunes Supporting Member

Hello..Currently using a Clark Bassman and a Matchless Lightning and need a pedal that sounds great in both and kicks the front ends into early breakup.tried the RC but too clean so I need a little hair on it.Any suggestions appreciated!

2. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Supporting Member

It's a no thrills boost but it sounds mighty fine. Try the Bad Bob Boost, I've had mine for about a month. Here is some info on the pedal:

http://analogman.com/badbob.htm

I think there is one available in the emporium.

3. minjason

minjason Member

it sounds like you're describing the Timmy...

4. dave s

dave s Member

I think you're 'reading' the RC correctly. I'm only using it to kick an OD pedal in high gear.

Medium range 'boost' pedals are a wierd animal. Is it a boost or an OD pedal? Not sure how you're fixed for ODs, but I've been using the Eternity with my class A amps. Match made in heaven!

dave

5. jdavyd

jdavyd Member

the bad bob is based on jack orman (amz)'s mini-boost which is extremely cheap and easy to build, even if you've never handled a soldering iron before. i highly recommend giving the DIY route a shot!

6. openG

openG slidealicious Silver Supporting Member

how about a Pharoah Amp Class A Boost...it can get a clean or dirty boost depending on how you set it.....it's a great booster for the money....or a little known ProAnalog Scott 60 is great!...lots of Headroom!!...also fairly cheap...