Looking for a delay pedal with plenty of headroom

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Marc Roy, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Marc Roy

Marc Roy Member

I'm looking for a delay pedal for my board. I run delay after my overdrive box, and the problem I've had with those I've tried is that the delay pedal starts to clip when pushed with a hot signal. My amp doesn't have a loop, so I'm out of luck there. Any suggestions?

2. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

Memorylane II if analog is your thing. It's got an internal selector to pad a hot input and handles drive pedals with ease. Until i tried the ML2 i've never been happy with any analog pedals (including the original ML)...always seemed too thick and swampy for my tastes, but this one is different. This would be my choice. :D

3. Marc Roy

Marc Roy Member

Might be an idea. I just have to figure out if I have enough room on my Pedaltrain Jr. for something that big. Would you know the dimensions?

4. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

At $600 for the Memory Lane 2, you might just want to wait for the solid state Echoplex that Fulltone is coming out with. You can put that off the side of your board, and it should have plenty of headroom for you. Or pick up a new DMM before they're gone and have it modded by Analog Man or Howard Davis. They both do a hot signal/pickup mod to increase the headroom.

5. awallace

awallace Member

Hi Marc Roy, the Memory Lane 2 is 7.4" x 4.7" x 1.3".

Best regards,

Aimish Wallace
    Diamond Pedals

6. Rock72

Rock72 Member

+1. It is such a great pedal.

7. zhivago

zhivago Member

I use a Super Duper in front of my Maxon AD900 with no problems.