• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Looking for a different WAH pedal

PeriAya

Hi :)
I can't seem to find the wah pedal I'm looking for: I don't know if it even exists, all I know is that googling gave me no results.
I'll try to explain the best that I can.
Basically a normal wah pedal will give you a "U" sound in heel down position and a "A" sound in toe down position.
What I need instead is a wah pedal that will give a "U" sound both in heel down and toe down position, but will have an "A" sound in a midway position, equally distant from each of the 2 extremes.
Going from heel down to toe down position would so produce a "UAU" sound and not a "UA" sound like a classic wah pedal and it would actually give me a double speed wah pedal, because the sound you normally get in two motions (from heel down to toe down and back to heel down) would be achievable in just one motion (from heel down to toe down).
Have you ever heard of a wah pedal like this?
If not: do you think it is humanly possible to build one?

-=solewheelin

Sounds like fun. I wonder if thats possible. Would make for some super fast wah action thats for damn sure.
I wonder if the FM4 or the M5 could do that in some way.

The Flint

You are looking something like voice wah...
Check out filters like Subdecay Prometheus DLX with expression pedal...or EHX Talking Machin...
Boss PW10 V wah have simular option

PeriAya

You are looking something like voice wah...
Check out filters like Subdecay Prometheus DLX with expression pedal...or EHX Talking Machin...
Boss PW10 V wah have simular option
Hi The Flint,
Thank you for your suggestions. :)
I don't know if "voice wah" is the correct term. I mean..."UA" or "UAU" are both vocal sounds, I just need an added "U" to a single motion of a normal sounding wah.
The EHX Talking Machine sounds too much like human voice and not like a normal wah.
The Boss PW10 seems to me just a normal wah pedal with a variable filter range and some voice sounds, just like the Talking Machine.
The Prometheus seems a better option but I don't understand it fully. It seems to be able to produce faster wah sounds but it has two problems (I watched a Youtube video so maybe I'm missing something):
1-if I understand it right an external expression pedal seems to only control a few parameters like, for example, speed. If for example I set it to double speed (2x) one motion would give a "UAUA" sound, not a "UAU" sound. The correct speed would be 1,5x but It doesn't seem to be an option. Otherwise if I use the external pedal like a motion control my foot would be the "UAU maker", just like a normal wah pedal with some added tone/filter/curve options.
2-most of the sounds I heard have this annoying pulsation like a seek filter and that's not what I'm looking for.
I may be dead wrong :D So if that's the case can you please tell what am I missing?
Just to clarify: I just need a wah pedal with a "U" sound on both heel down and toe down positions and a "A" sound midway, equidistant from both the extremes. Not a seek filter, not an autowah, not a talk box. It needs to be foot controlled and a single foot motion must produce a "UAU" sound, not a "UAUA" or "UAUAUA" sound. It must have a wah tone, not a synth or talk box tone.
I don't know how a wah pedal works from a physical/technical stand point. Do anyone know, even if a pedal like the one I need isn't on the market, if it would be phisically/tecnically possible to produce one? And if so can anyone point me to the right custom pedal builder, so that he can make exactly what I need?
Thank you!

PeriAya

Sounds like fun. I wonder if thats possible. Would make for some super fast wah action thats for damn sure.
I wonder if the FM4 or the M5 could do that in some way.
I don't think the FM4 or the M5 works that way.
I had a Pod HD and I think it includes all of the effects you can find on a FM4 or a M5. It didn't work.

...Just to clarify: I just need a wah pedal with a "U" sound on both heel down and toe down positions and a "A" sound midway...And if so can anyone point me to the right custom pedal builder, so that he can make exactly what I need?...
I am the custom wah builder, look here:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/15320173#post15320173
This wah has adjustable both sweep ends, so You can make the sound similar to practically any wah, there is comparing video.
Maybe I can make mod to change "UA" to "UAU".
I live in Slovakia (central Europe), in October group Brand New Heavies played in our town, guitar player Simon Bartolomew used my wah, he liked it much and he uses it until now.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom