1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Looking For A Durable/Affordable ATA Amp Case

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by McSoappy, Oct 3, 2006.

1. McSoappy

McSoappy Member

Okay guys,

I'm looking for a ATA case for my Matchless Independence. I want to find a case company that is fairly affordable, but also doesn't make a case that will complete fall apart in a year.

If you could give me some recommendations, I would be forever grateful!:BEER

Thanks again!

David

2. McSoappy

McSoappy Member

Bump it back up to the top.

3. cpsdawg

cpsdawg Member

not sure where you are, but there is a company in atlanta called AV liquidators. they sell used cases on ebay. most sell around $50. and are true ATA cases. while you might have to refoam, etc, i have gotten several from them that work perfectly. my dr z rides in one but the amp is on its side. i had another for a vibroking ext cab that the cab laid on its back. fit perfectly though. if you want the more traditional lift off top and the amp sits in the bottom, these come along as well. i personally have not used them but have heard good things about the ones on ebay that are about $225-250.

4. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

Check out Angstrom on Ebay...get the 3/4" case. They are great.

5. McSoappy

McSoappy Member

I did a seller search and general search and couldn't find anything. Got a link?

6. McSoappy

McSoappy Member

Do you have a phone number for these guys, I can't seem to find it?

7. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

8. McSoappy

McSoappy Member

9. devbro

devbro Member

10. McSoappy

McSoappy Member

These look really nice as well, and they live up to their name. How do you like yours? How are the wheels holding up?

11. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

All my Bad Cats are in Angstrom Cases, and they've definitely held up well. Not world tour quality but darn good considering they take a beating in our band trailer weekly.

12. McSoappy

McSoappy Member

How are the joints on the amp.........are they good and tight? Do they offer colors options?

13. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Hows that puppy playing david?

14. McSoappy

McSoappy Member

Oh it's a piece of junk for sure! Everyone should send me theirs so I can "dispose" of it properly.:crazy

15. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

Yeah, the joints are good, all the hardware is top notch. We stack heads and cabs all the time and we've had no cracks, no tears, no foam stripping inside either. Several thousand miles of bouncing trailers and unruly airport workers too. I've used a few different ATA case companies before and since I bought an Angstrom for my old AC30 last year I've been using them. They have good customer service too, I had a couple questions and had them answered by a real person...that was nice. Anyways, I'm sure there are lots of case companies out there that do a great job, this one's my recommendation for good features/cost ratio.

16. McSoappy

McSoappy Member

That's very cool. Mine won't even see an airport, just the back of my truck, so I'd say they will be more than sufficient for that.