• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

looking for a fuzz- huge low end & articulate

Pale Rider

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for a fuzz, probably Big Muffish, for the end of my gain chain-
I feel like there must be some pedal out there I don't know that has
lots of crushing low end and is very articulate-

I have an old Guild Foxy Lady, a Sanford & Sonny Bluebeard, Cornish NG-2, DIrge Slowly Melting, and a SolidGold FX Super Drive,-
as references-

I know this might be vague- but I'm just looking for something huge and crushing, but beautifully harmonically rich,
with no mud and some great articulation-
perhaps i need to include some distortion pedals in my search, and I don't want to list players/band, because I don't want to just
copy another's rig

Thanks!

Colamander

Also I really like the Pigtronix Disnortion Micro - very articulate - and several useful modes. Kind of a fuzz/OD hybrid

Gila_Crisis

Not properly a fuzz but can get fuzzy and with a HUGE low-end: Earthbound Audio Throat Locust
Also from EA: Supercollider (EA take on the Big Muff)
Only problem with EA at present time is that Mark's house got flooded during the Ida storm... so EA will be on hold for a while.
https://earthboundaudio.bigcartel.com/

Check also BSRI Audio fuzz and distortion devices, especially the SFG!
https://www.bsriaudio.com

Other notable mention Electrograve Ripper Fuzz:

Pale Rider

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks!
The Fallout Cloud is a bit too clear for me-
I’d be running this into a Matamp or Model T, running clean

Gila_Crisis

@Pale Rider the Supercollider is amazing! It's actually (to my personal experience) the only BM style fuzz I ever had that, thanks to the tone-mids-mass EQ section, I can palm mute without sounding muddy. It can be super tight, or also totally huge, a flood of subbass frequencies.
Other BM style fuzzes that are similar are the BAT Pharaoh and the Blackout Muskett (but I never tried these)

BenTobith

Fragile Harmonics
Platinum Supporting Member
Not a Muff and not something I’d put at the end of a chain, but the Earthquaker Park Sound Fuzz is a great Tone Bender MKIII/IV replica with modern output and tons of gain and beef on tap. Very articulate for a fuzz, and close to Muff territory (but not as scooped).

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
Alter Destiny and Supercollider are both great. I would say AD has a little more clarity while the SC has more bass. The frequencies John targeted in the AD tone controls more closely align with my style and I really like the way they interact. However, I don't like the way the AD sounds with anything stacked into it. OTOH, the SC can get downright thunderous, has more gain, and is more in Russian Muff territory which I like. Both sound incredible and I would have a hard time choosing between them.

Top Bottom