Looking for a Fuzz pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stuey222, Feb 2, 2008.

1. stuey222

stuey222 Member

I'm looking for a fuzz, I have a JH-2 Hendrix fuzz, but it isn't cutting it for me and I think I need to upgrade. What would you guys suggest for a fuzz. I'm looking for that Hendrix solo type of tone that you'll be able to control the gain with the volume knob on my guitar.

2. stuey222

stuey222 Member

Thanks, I'll look into it!

3. dave s

dave s Member

I've had a couple recently. The Analogman SunFace Fuzz. Basic model. Loved it. Cleaned up beautifully with the guitar's volume. Very smooth fuzz.

Swapped it out for the Analogman Peppermint fuzz which is a much 'grindier' fuzz. It has a knob that goes from smooth to very 'sputtery' fuzz--kind of a Neil Youngish grind.

Both work and do the 60s fuzztones I need, but now, I wished the SunFace was still on the board! Just easier to work with.

dave

4. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

Fulltone 70, good silicon fuzz for the Jimi thing, not priced too badly, cleans up well too!

5. rotren

rotren Member

Camrose, Alberta, Canada, but originally from Umea
    I have a Das Fuzz, and it does the Fuzz Face tone good, and it cleans up greatly when you roll off the tone knob.

The ultimate fuzz pedal though has got to be the Fuzz Factory.

6. stuey222

stuey222 Member

hmmm...I'll check out the Analogman ones and the Fuzz Factory.