looking for a good chorus and delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by samuelson, Mar 15, 2006.

1. samuelson

samuelson Member

I'd love some advise on what Chorus pedal to get. and I also want to get a good delay pedal. well built, quality. all I have now is an ibanez TC9DX, a bad monkey and a fulltone OCD. I've been playing a Valvetronix AD120VT and so I didn't need any pedals but now I use my Maz-38 1x12 combo and Lone star classic and so now I need to get some pedals.:)

2. Red Suede

Red Suede Member

If you can find one, the Arion SCH-1 does wonderful things to your guitar tone, to IMO.

3. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

Retro-sonic Chorus Ensemble. Killer Boss CE-1 Chorus w/vibrato to boot. Or wait for Fulltone's Tri-Stereo. THAT should be sick!

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

How much do you have to spend? Analog delay (sweet and short) or digital (longer, more gimmicks but not as sweet).

5. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

What about a Visual Sounds H2O? Chorus and Delay in one pedal.

6. Ron K

Ron K Member

There are a number of great chorus pedals out there, but they fall into a few different types of sounds -- maybe you could tell us what type of sound you're after. The faves around here seem to be the Retro-Sonic (love mine!), DLS Chorus-Vib, Analogman, TC Electronic, and Fulltone ChoralFlange.

7. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I'm using the Boss CE-5 Chorus and Boss DD-3 delay for me these work just great and didnt cost a fortune either.

8. reverber8

reverber8 Member

+1 on the Visual Sounds H2O. I have the old version and the chorus is pretty cool. Haven't heard the new improved chorus. The long/short delay switch is cool to toggle between 2 delay settings and you can use your foot to do so. Mucho bang for the $$ esp. considering the chorus/delay one unit combo.

9. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Depends on how much you want to spend but after receiving my Analogman mini Chorus for $200 off ebay and hearing how great it sounds it begins to seem under priced when comparing it to other pedals. What a pedal, small, well built, sounds that are easy to find (my single biggest problem with the Choralflange). The tone of the chorus melds into the amp and does not sound like something put on top of it, this pedal may be the single greatest pedal I have ever bought. It does slow barely on stuff to over the top leslie stuff, great range and sound quality regardless of the settings used.

10. justicetones

justicetones Member

I absolutely love my Analogman Bi-Chorus (same as mini but two in one enclosure Highly recommended) and my DLS echo-tap. These two pedals give my two different options in each pedal. Two different chorus settings and two different delay settings. Great sounding and easy on pedalboard real estate.

Chris