Looking for a good guitar stand. Hercules?

ronin32

I've searched TGP and a few people have recommended the Hercules stand. Do you who use it have any worries of them falling over? I think I want to keep my Strat out now, make it more readily available to play.

blownfuse

I have one of the floor mount single stands. It sits by the computer with a guitar on it most of the time, never worried about it falling over. My son has a double stand in his room also.

Jimmy

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Short of laying it flat on the floor, Hercules is the most stable stand you'll find. I use their wall hangers, too, which make me feel nice and safe.

GregoryL

I use them at gigs and home - they're great.

Just remember though, if your guitar has a nitro finish throw a shirt or some fabric over the rubber-y parts that come into contact with the guitar's finish. They can damage nitro finishes, but poly finishes are no problem.

Kappy

Just remember though, if your guitar has a nitro finish throw a shirt or some fabric over the rubber-y parts that come into contact with the guitar's finish. They can damage nitro finishes, but poly finishes are no problem.
I thought they were nitro-friendly. I haven't noticed any issues with my floor stand model, but I don't generally leave guitars on it for very long.

Would be nice to know if they're really potentially damaging to nitro though.

jrm

hercules are the best stands I've ever used... no doubt. I just wish they weren't yellow!

townsend

I don't own a Hercules but am thinking about buying one.

I did read one "negative" comment about one, at one of the internet music store web sites. Here is what the reviewer stated:

"Well I bought this stand about 5 months ago and loved it from day one. I own a Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro issue which was over a grand just for the guitar alone and it looks great on it. Now I am reading other peoples reviews and notice they are talking about the finish coming off their headstocks and when I read those I ran to my guitar and saw the same DAMN thing! DO NOT GET THIS STAND if you care about your guitar. Who is going to pay for everybodys tainted guitars??????? The foam damages your guitar so dont get it! LIARS!!!!!" (http://www.zzounds.com/item--HERGS414B)

This appears to be an isolated complaint without confirmation from other reviewers. Comments?

kludge

The droid you're looking for
I've been using them for a couple of years now with both poly and nitro finishes, and haven't noticed any problems yet. Doesn't mean there won't be in the future, but they look fine now.

ronin32

Thanks for the replies. I was originally going to be getting one from MF, but they are back ordered, and a friend of mine just went to hanging all his guitars on the wall (new baby learning to crawl) using their hangers, so he offered to give me one of his.

Ray Gianelli

My buddy brings a Hercules stand for me to use at gigs (nice guy!). My only knocks are they leave a bit of black schmutz on the headstock at the contact points and it seems that the cams that move the arms that lock the guitar into place go after a while.

kayaker

I have two of their wall hangers had have had no real problems. One I've been using just a bit over a year to hold my Strat. No black schmutz from mine and no finish damage (poly, though... not nitro). The cams still work fine. The only issue I had was that I tried just mounting them to the drywall using the drywall anchors and screws that come with it, and after a while they started to work loose. So I moved them so they were over wall studs and had to buy longer screws so they'd have enough bite to get through the drywall and into the stud 3/4 inch or so. Now thoses suckers are never goin' to work loose. In hindsight, it DOES seem like a dumb idea to trust a $1,000+ guitar to those drywall anchors. I plan to buy a 3rd for my latest purchase, so I guess I like 'em just fine.

crosse79

Buy the small mini stand without the headstock locks. Those are really great for gigging. Else use a piece of cloth for the full sized stands. :)

KCWM

I use the stands that you can pick up for $15 bucks at guitar center. They have 3 legs and then have a little circular piece that supports the guitar right around the neck heel. The bottom comes around and hugs the bottom of the guitar.

I also have one of the folding 3 guitar rack style stands.

FFTT

I have two Hercules double stands and love how sturdy they are.

No issues so far .

loudboy

I like the Gruven ones that all the guitar show guys use.

They don't look it, but they're super stable, cheap and fold flat.

Loudboy

randy alameda

I use them at gigs and home - they're great.

FWIW ................
spoke with the Hercules reps @ NAMM and they advised not to leave any nitro finished guitar (esp. TV yellow) on their stand without some cloth to protect the finish ..... obviously they have had complaints ... and, when I brought up the same subject to the reps @ Ultimate, they immediately stated "we have fixed that problem with our 'new' velvet cloth covers" noticed they were a little 'red faced', like their blood pressure had just gone up!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom