Looking for a GOOD mini fuzz pedal

Demioblue

Silver Supporting Member
What's some of the better examples I should look out for? I'm not looking for a Muff styled fuzz, more fuzz-face, muse/frusciante type of fuzz. I found an excellent sample already called the Little Fuzzy Drive from EWS Japan, but I'd like to see what other options are available. I've tried the mini Dunlop fuzz faces, but those seem to have a lack of usable volume for me?

Happy to hear suggestions guys.

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
Just a few, though not all Fuzz Face derived:

MXR Classic 108 Fuzz

Dunlop Hendrix Mini Fuzz Face

Dunlop Hendrix Mini Band of Gypsys Fuzz

JHS Mini Foot Fuzz

Ibanez Mini 850 Fuzz (not really FF based)

Lovepedal Bonetender (Tonebender Mk II based)

Malekko Omicron Fuzz (Superfuzz based)

Mythos Pedals Golden Fleece OD/Fuzz (Not FF based, kind of its own thing)

SviSound Mini Germanium Fuzz
SviSound Mini Silicon Fuzz (both Fuzz Face based)

I normally wouldn't recommend Mooer pedals but seeing as you are in Singapore you might want to check them out as well since the U.S. made pedals can get kind of pricey in your part of the world.

The-Kid

Pedal Art: Providence Dealer
Vendor
Just a few, though not all Fuzz Face derived:

MXR Classic 108 Fuzz

Dunlop Hendrix Mini Fuzz Face

Dunlop Hendrix Mini Band of Gypsys Fuzz

JHS Mini Foot Fuzz

Ibanez Mini 850 Fuzz (not really FF based)

Lovepedal Bonetender (Tonebender Mk II based)

Malekko Omicron Fuzz (Superfuzz based)

Mythos Pedals Golden Fleece OD/Fuzz (Not FF based, kind of its own thing)

SviSound Mini Germanium Fuzz
SviSound Mini Silicon Fuzz (both Fuzz Face based)

I normally wouldn't recommend Mooer pedals but seeing as you are in Singapore you might want to check them out as well since the U.S. made pedals can get kind of pricey in your part of the world.
Yes these arguably the Classic 108 fuzz mini or standard and the New Hendrix fuzz as well. Dual Silicon and GE and Buffer true bypass option.

Both are top choice.

Also the standard blue mini is cool...

Love mine.

ChipOnly

Silver Supporting Member
There are a slew of MXR fuzzfaces in 1590as, yup, those are good choices.

I love my tone city fuxx fuzz. Mini foxx tone machine clone, probably my fave vintage fuzz circuit.

Perry D.

Silver Supporting Member
[QUOTE="59Bassman
I also just got a KO Amps KOsound Fuzz that’s showing some real promise, as well.[/QUOTE]
^^^^
KO Amps makes great and affordable stuff. The Sound Fuzz is his take on a Si Mkll Tonebender. It’s very open and dynamic. And very tunable with the addition of a passive tone control.

Moniker

Guitarchitect
Silver Supporting Member
Function FX - Clusterfuzz Mini

Features 3 clipping options, so much fuzz awesomeness in a mini pedal.

edit: my mistake... i misread the title... you wanted a GOOD fuzz.... disregard my recommendation of the Clusterfuzz Mini as its a GREAT fuzz

Last edited:

Mike J.

You should definitely check out the Mythos Pedals High Road and Golden Fleece Mini Fuzzes. Both sound awesome.

fuzzfan1

Gold Supporting Member
Bonetender for me. But that Clusterfuzz Mini may be calling my name soon... :rockin

MilesMitchell

You really can't go wrong with the hendrix mini. I've owned quite a few fuzz faces in my day from mjm to analogman and when I had to sell those off for $$$ I didn't regret it because of the hendrix. Seriously it's that good.

Demioblue

Silver Supporting Member
Function FX - Clusterfuzz Mini

Features 3 clipping options, so much fuzz awesomeness in a mini pedal.

edit: my mistake... i misread the title... you wanted a GOOD fuzz.... disregard my recommendation of the Clusterfuzz Mini as its a GREAT fuzz

oooh... this one looks exciting. I'll check it out! thanks!

Demioblue

Silver Supporting Member
You really can't go wrong with the hendrix mini. I've owned quite a few fuzz faces in my day from mjm to analogman and when I had to sell those off for $$$ I didn't regret it because of the hendrix. Seriously it's that good.
I understand there are a few Hendrix minis. which one specifically?

lostpoet2

Silver Supporting Member
I have the Hendrix fuzz face mini in the round turquoise/teal enclosure, and it is outstanding. Does anyone know of a regularly produced (not a kit or one-off) germanium fuzz face that comes in a 1590a enclosure?

The-Kid

Pedal Art: Providence Dealer
Vendor
Yet another vote for the MXR 108 Mini Fuzz. Love the buffer option.
I also have the MXR 108 mini and its great.
Pretty happy with my 108 Mini Fuzz Face Blue.....

But all this talk of the 108 mini with buffer....I mean I already have plenty of buffer before my fuzz....

And all this talk of Fuzz and Buffers..not working well together.....sounds so 2005......

Feel like I wanna sound like the 90s....or the 80s....or the 70s...?!??!

Wait 60s right....oh yeah....

Thats right

:)

Trending Topics