Looking for a good set list / lyric organizer app for android

Mike Dresch

Silver Supporting Member
Any recommendations are most appreciated! My band does 50 some songs a night and I need an app the let's me recall lyrics quickly. Set list is of lesser importance but would still be useful.

MJ Slaughter

Silver Supporting Member
Setlist Helper. I've been using it for about a year and a half and love it. You can add lyrics from an online site, type them in or attach a file to a song which is what I like to do. That way I can make my own notes to store in the song.

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
Why not memorize lyrics? My band has close to 200 songs, no cheat sheets! Sucks to see musicians reading lyrics while singing, sorry just my opinion.
Take the crutch away and you'll be surprised how fast there memorized.

Mike Dresch

Silver Supporting Member
Why not memorize lyrics? My band has close to 200 songs, no cheat sheets! Sucks to see musicians reading lyrics while singing, sorry just my opinion.
Because I just joined this band and have never played most of the tracks on their set list before. Not to mention that I have spent the better part of the last 15 years as a studio engineer and haven't done much playing out during that time. This "crutch" is kind of necessary for me at the moment until I get up to speed. For all those that have given their feedback on the subject at hand, it is most appreciated.

RustyAxe

Hey ... goody goody for you! Some of us play in many bands and projects. I have more 1000 songs on my pad. My country band alone has over 400 in rotation that are called on the whim of the band leader. If I gotta sing harmony on a fill-in, sub, session (whatever) I want the lyrics in front of me. Also useful for noting that band A plays it in A, Band B in C, and Band C in F. When I play solo I know my setlist(s) by heart, as I should. If I played in the same band every weekend, there'd be little need ... but I don't, and there is.

For the OP, I use Songbook by Linkesoft. Cheap, feature packed, and if you buy the Android version you can also use the iOS, OSX, and Windows versions (they all work together). Worth every penny.

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
Hey ... goody goody for you! Some of us play in many bands and projects. I have more 1000 songs on my pad. My country band alone has over 400 in rotation that are called on the whim of the band leader. If I gotta sing harmony on a fill-in, sub, session (whatever) I want the lyrics in front of me. Also useful for noting that band A plays it in A, Band B in C, and Band C in F. When I play solo I know my setlist(s) by heart, as I should. If I played in the same band every weekend, there'd be little need ... but I don't, and there is.

For the OP, I use Songbook by Linkesoft. Cheap, feature packed, and if you buy the Android version you can also use the iOS, OSX, and Windows versions (they all work together). Worth every penny.
I wasn't talking to you and your 1000 songs, I was talking to someone that mentioned 50 songs, so goody goody right back at ya!
I see bands reading lyrics, and some will try to get away with it forever, take it away, and they learn them, I was never talking about your type of situation. and OP you didn't mention it was a new project for you.

Mike Dresch

Silver Supporting Member
I asked for opinions on lyric/set list apps for Android. You chose to interject your opinion on them and those that use them even though that wasn't in my original query.

RustyAxe

I wasn't talking to you and your 1000 songs, I was talking to someone that mentioned 50 songs, so goody goody right back at ya!
I see bands reading lyrics, and some will try to get away with it forever, take it away, and they learn them, I was never talking about your type of situation. and OP you didn't mention it was a new project for you.
Which is why it pays to ask what someone's situation is before taking the "high road". The one thing that is certain here on TGP is that we're all in a different place musically. From the rank beginner to weekend warriors to pros to us guys at end of our runs. Even pros use teleprompters (they look like monitor wedges ... camouflage).

I remember days when one band was all anyone could handle. We could work four nights a week, sometimes in the same place. Now I can have four projects and still sit home one or two weekends a month. But at this point in my life, that's ok.

reubster3

Any recommendations are most appreciated! My band does 50 some songs a night and I need an app the let's me recall lyrics quickly. Set list is of lesser importance but would still be useful.
My band just started using Back On Stage app. Definitely worth checking out. We’re a 9-piece wedding band with loads of players in our rotation. I can load up all the instrument parts and lyric sheets and turn them into set lists that are really easy to share with everyone. I tried out band helper and a few other apps over the years, but nothing is really built for pro bandleaders/bands. Back On Stage is hands down the best band tool out there and they’re adding more features all the time. Get in before they realize what their software is really worth and the jack the price up!

Trending Topics